* Clemson established the school record for consecutive wins at Memorial Stadium
(71st season this year). The Tigers have now won 12 in a row at home. The previous
mark was 11 in a row from 1989-91. The victory also tied the school record for
consecutive home wins regardless of home site. Clemson won 12 in a row from 1927-30
at Riggs Field.
* Clemson has nine wins in an even numbered year for the first time since 1990
(10-2). This is the first time Clemson has had at least nine wins in consecutive
seasons since the 1990-91 era.
* Clemson has a 9-1 record to start the season for the second consecutive season.
* Next week, Clemson will have a chance to reach 10 wins in the regular season for
the first time since the 1981 season. In each of Clemson's last four 10-win seasons
the 10th win came in a bowl game.
*Clemson's senior class has 34 wins (34-17), the most for a four-year class since 1992.
* Clemson received the opening kickoff for the ninth time in 10 games this season.
The only game the Tigers didn't receive the opening kickoff was against Furman.
* Clemson scored 35 points in the first half for third straight game, a first in
* When Clemson scored 12 seconds apart in the first quarter, it was the fewest
seconds between touchdowns in school history. The previous record was 14 seconds
against Duke in 2003, both on touchdowns by Derrick Hamilton.
* The Tigers had not allowed the opposing team to score nine straight times
following a turnover by Clemson before Maryland scored off a muffed punt in the
second quarter. The Tigers have allowed just 24 points off turnovers this season.
* Clemson's defense held Maryland to just 180 yards of total offense in tonight's game.
That is the fewest yards of total offense allowed by Clemson since October 31, 2009
when the Tigers held Coastal Carolina to 170 yards. It is also the fewest yards by
an ACC team since 2009 when Clemson held Wake Forest to 178 yards of total offense.
* Clemson held Maryland to just 1-for-13 on third-down conversions in today's game.
That is the fewest third-down conversions for an opponent since September 19, 2009
when Clemson held Boston College to 1-for-12 on third-down conversions.
* Clemson had three lost fumbles in the first half of today's game. Entering today,
Clemson had lost just two fumbles all season and was second in the nation in that
* Tajh Boyd completed 18 of 26 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns. Boyd has
now thrown for 13 touchdowns and 1,033 yards over the last three games.
* DeAndre Hopkins tallied four receptions for 59 yards and a touchdown, the 23rd
touchdown reception of his career. He has now scored a touchdown in seven straight
games. He broke the Clemson record for consecutive games with a touchdown reception
last week against Duke.
* Hopkins also moved into second place in Clemson history in career reception yards
with 2,711. He needs just 22 receiving yards to pass Aaron Kelly and become
Clemson's career leader in receiving yards.
* Adam Humphries recorded his first career touchdown reception in the first quarter.
He finished the game with a game-high five receptions for 41 receiving yards.
* Corey Crawford recovered a fumble and returned it 16 yards for a touchdown in the
first quarter. It is the first fumble return for a touchdown by a Tiger since last
season when Kourtnei Brown returned a fumble for a touchdown against North Carolina.
It was also Crawford's first defensive score as a Tiger.
* Stanton Seckinger recorded the first career touchdown reception of his career in
the fourth quarter.
* Cortez Davis recorded a career-high five tackles in today's game.
NOTES: Tigers improve to 9-1
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS WIN 7-2, SWEEP C OF C!Reed Rohlman is 10 of his last 13 and upped his average to .413, going 3-3 with a HR, two doubles and a HBP, as #3 Clemson cruised past Monte Lee's alma mater, College of…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:40 PM
TIGERS WIN 11-0 TO TAKE SERIES!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…
ANOTHER 5-STAR IS ALL IN!Shortly before the Clemson Orange & White Game, Dabo and the staff received an enormous commitment from 5-Star 2018 DE Xavier Thomas, ranked as high as #1 overall recruit in the…