* Clemson received the opening kickoff for the 10th in 11 games this season in
* With today's win, Clemson clinched its second consecutive 10-win season and just
its ninth 10-win season in school history. It is also the first time Clemson has won
10 games in the regular season since 1981 and just the third time in school history.
* Clemson tallied 754 yards of total offense in today's game with 328 yards rushing
and 426 yards passing. Clemson is now 64-0-1 when they record at 500 yards of total
offense and 62-0-1 when they record at least 200 rushing and 200 passing. This was
just the third game in Clemson history in which the Tigers have had at least 300 of
each. Two of the three have taken place this year. Other game this year was at
* Clemson's 754 yards of total offense is second most in school record. That is two
yards shy of the Clemson single-game record for yards of total offense. The record
is 756 in 1981 against Wake Forest.
* Clemson has now tallied at least 700 yards of total offense in two games in the
same season for the first time in school history and it is just the third 700-yard
game in school history.
* After trailing 24-13 in the second quarter, Clemson scored 42 unanswered points to
lead 55-24 in third quarter. NC State ended that run with a touchdown to make the
score 55-31. It was the largest deficit overcome to gain victory this year and
most since the Tigers overcame a 14-point deficit against Wake Forest last year.
* Clemson's 62 points in today's game are the second-most points in school history
against an ACC team. The record is 82 against Wake Forest in 1981. This was the most
points Clemson has scored since scoring 70 in a 70-14 win over Central Michigan in
* Clemson and NC State combined for 110 points in today's game. That is the most
ever by both teams in an ACC game and a game at Memorial Stadium in Clemson history.
The previous record for both was 106 when Clemson beat Wake Forest 82-24 to combine
for 106 points in 1981. It was the second most combined points in an ACC game in
history. Georgia Tech (68) and North Carolina (50) combined for 118 earlier this
* Clemson and NC State combined for 1351 yards of total offense in today's game,
which is a Clemson school record for yards of total offense by both teams. The
previous record was 1106 by Clemson and Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson and NC State also tallied a combined 919 passing yards in today's game.
That is the most passing yards by both teams in a game in Clemson history. The
previous record was 783 passing yards by Clemson and Texas Tech in the 2002
* Clemson's Tajh Boyd and NC State's Mike Glennon each threw for over 400 yards in
today's game. It is the first time in Clemson history that both quarterbacks threw
for 400 yards in the same game. Glennon's 493 yards passing were the second most
ever against Clemson. Chris Weinke of Florida State had 521 in 2000 at FSU.
* Clemson recorded 441 yards of total offense in the first half of today's game.
That is the second most yards of total offense in a half in Clemson history. Clemson
had 487 at Duke earlier this year.
* NC State's 48 points are the most ever by an ACC opponent at Memorial Stadium. In
fact, NC State now has three of the top four point totals by an ACC opponent at
Memorial Stadium in Clemson history.
* Clemson now has 63 touchdowns as a team this season. That is the most for a single
season in Clemson history. The previous record was 58 touchdowns last season.
* Clemson also set the single-season record for points with 491 points. The previous
record came last season when Clemson tallied 470 points.
* Clemson ran 102 plays in today's game. That is the most plays in a single game in
Clemson history. Previous record was 98 against Maryland in 1992.
* Clemson recorded 34 first downs in today's game. That is one shy of the Clemson
record of 35 first downs in a game which came against Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson had two 100-yard rushers in today's game as Andre Ellington had 124
rushing yards and Tajh Boyd had 103 yards rushing. It is the first time that Clemson
has had two 100-yard rushers in a game since September 4, 2010 against North Texas
when Ellington had 122 rushing yards and Jamie Harper had 101 yards rushing.
* Clemson also had two 100-yard receivers in today's game as Sammy Watkins had 110
receiving yards and Brandon Ford has 101 receiving yards. It is the first time that
Clemson has had two 100-yard receivers in the same game since October 6, 2007
against Virginia Tech when Aaron Kelly (174) and Tyler Grisham (100) both had at
least 100 yards receiving.
* Clemson now has had 14 100-yard individual receiving games against NC State
all-time. That is the most 100-yard receiving games against one opponent in school
* Tajh Boyd set the Clemson and ACC single-game record for touchdown responsibility
with eight touchdowns, three rushing and five passing. The previous Clemson record
was six by Boyd and Woody Dantlzer. Many ACC players had had six previously.
* With his eight touchdowns, Boyd is now responsible for a ACC single-season record
41 touchdowns this season. He broke his own record of 38 set last year. Obviously
his 79 touchdowns over the last two years are the most in consecutive years in ACC
* Boyd also set the single-game record for yards of total offense with 529 yards
with 426 yards passing and a career-high 103 yards rushing. Ironically, the previous
record came at NC State in 2001 when Woodrow Dantzler recorded 517 yards of total
offense. Boyd's 103 rushing yards were the first 100-yard rushing game by a Clemson
quarterback since Dantzler had 135 in his final home game against Duke in 2001.
*Boyd's three rushing touchdowns were a first by a Clemson quarterback since
Dantzler had three against Duke in 2000.
*Boyd now has 33 touchdown passes for the year to tie his own Clemson single season
* Boyd completed 30 passes in today's game. That is tied for the fourth most
completions in a single game in school history. It is the most since 2007 when
Cullen Harper completed a school-record 38 passes against Virginia Tech. Boyd had
30 against Auburn last year.
* Brandon Ford caught his seventh and eight career touchdown passes in today's game.
With eight, he is tied with Dwayne Allen for most career touchdown receptions by a
tight end in Clemson history. He did that last year. Ford was Clemson's second
leading receiver in today's game with five receptions for a career-high 101
* Dalton Freeman broke the Clemson career record for scrimmage plays in the first
quarter of today's game. He played all 102 snaps today, giving him 3208 career
snaps heading into his final home game next year. The previous record was 3131 by
Landon Walker from 2009-12. Today was his 47th consecutive start at center and his
* Rashard Hall recorded his 14th career interception and his 17 career takeaway in
the second quarter of today's game. He is now tied with Michael Hamlin for fourth on
the Clemson career interception list. He is now in sole possession of third place in
Clemson history in takeaways with 17 and passes former teammate DeAndre McDaniel.
* DeAndre Hopkins passed Aaron Kelly to become career receiving yards when he hauled
in a 62-yard touchdown pass from Boyd in the second quarter of today's game. He
finished the game with two receptions for 75 yards to give him 2786 receiving yards
for his career.
*Hopkins set the record in dramatic fashion with that 62 yard touchdown catch. His
uncle became Clemson's career reception yardage leader in similar fashion on a
73-yard reception for a touchdown against Virginia in 1993.
* Hopkins's touchdown reception in today's game was also his 15th touchdown
reception this season and his 24th career touchdown reception.
* Hopkins has also caught a touchdown pass in eight straight games now. The ACC
record for consecutive games with a touchdown reception is nine by Virginia's Herman
Moore in 1998. He will have a chance tie the ACC record next week against South
* Sammy Watkins recorded a career-high 11 receptions for 110 receiving yards and one
touchdown in today's game. It is his second career game with at least 10 catches and
his 11 receptions is tied for third in a single game in school history. Watkins also
now has 15 career touchdown receptions, which is tied for eighth most with Terry
Smith in career touchdown receptions.
* Martavis Bryant had two receptions for 62 yards in today's game. He now has 10
receptions for 305 receiving on the season giving him an average of 30.5 yards per
reception on the year. That would rank third in school history in yards per
reception if the season ended today.
* Vic Beasley recorded a career-high three sacks in today's game. That is the most
since Andre Branch had a school record four sacks against Virginia Tech last season.
He now has eight sacks for the season.
NOTES: Tigers win wild one
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:18 AM
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…