• Who - Maine (1-2) at Clemson (2-1)
• Rankings - MAI - NR; CU - #13 BA, #20 CB, #16 USA
• Where - Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• When - Friday (4 PM), Saturday (2 PM), Sunday (12 PM)
• Watch - ESPN3 (Friday, Saturday), TigerCast (Sunday)
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Sunday) #1 - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets for $20 HERE or at the gate.
• Promotion (Sunday) #2 - Social Media Sunday. Show voucher at @ClemsonBaseball on Twitter/Instagram and receive $2 fried mac & cheese bites.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 16-1 (1991-12)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 15-1 (1996-12)
THE STARTING PITCHERS
• Friday - RHP Tommy Lawrence vs. RHP Daniel Gossett
• Saturday - RHP Jake Marks vs. LHP Matthew Crownover
• Sunday - LHP Scott Heath vs. RHP Jake Long
• Maine is led by ninth-year Head Coach Steve Trimper.
• The Black Bears won one of three games at Miami (FL) last weekend.
• Troy Black leads the team with a .545 batting average (6-for-11), two RBIs, and two stolen bases.
• Clemson defeated Eastern Michigan (5-3, 9-7) in the final two games of last weekend's series after falling in game-one (6-5 in 10 innings).
• The Tigers average 6.3 runs per game and hit .284 with a .383 on-base percentage and 10 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.86 ERA, .275 opponents' batting average, 6.75 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .977 fielding percentage.
• Clemson has put its leadoff battter on base 13 times in 26 opportunities this season.
• Red-shirt freshman Andrew Cox has made an immediate impact, going 4-for-9 (.444) with a .615 on-base percentage and two steals.
• Clemson's lefties (Zack Erwin, Matthew Crownover) have allowed just one earned run and no walks with 13 strikeouts in 9.0 innings pitched.
• Clemson averages 5,145 fans per date in 2014, the sixth-highest figure in the nation (through games of February 16).
• Clemson has had a top-20 national figure in average attendance 20 straight seasons and a top-10 figure 12 years in a row (entering 2014).
HEAD COACH JACK LEGGETT BY THE NUMBERS
• In his 35th overall year, he has 1,266 wins, 11th in Division I history (10th place (Ron Fraser) has 1,267) and fifth among active coaches.
LEGGETT FACES ALMA MATER
• Head Coach Jack Leggett was an all-star performer in baseball and football at Maine (1973-76), Clemson's opponent this weekend.
• He captained the 1976 Maine team that played in the College World Series, which also featured Clemson. The two teams did not play in Omaha.
• He was a two-time All-Yankee Conference defensive back and placekicker. He still holds the school record for the longest field goal (52).
• Leggett graduated from Maine in 1976 with a degree in physical education and minor in history.
• As a head coach, he has an 18-18 career record (2-13 at Vermont, 1-4 at Western Carolina, and 15-1 at Clemson) against his alma mater.
CROWNOVER SPEEDS UP
• Sophomore lefthander Matthew Crownover had "Tommy John" surgery in March of 2012, therefore he was not 100 percent as a freshman in 2013.
• His fastball has sped up in 2014, as evidenced by his nine strikeouts in 5.0 innings pitched against Eastern Michigan on February 15.
• He has an 8-3 career record and 2.16 ERA along with 54 strikeouts against 17 walks in 75.0 innings pitched over 16 outings (15 starts).
Clemson set to host Maine
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS TAKE GAME TWO 11-0!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
4-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:20 AM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 8:16 PM
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…