• Who - Appalachian State (4-11 entering Tuesday's game against Notre Dame) at Clemson (9-5)
• Rankings - CU - No. 14 BA, No. 18 USA
• When - Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 18-2 (1973-97)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 16-2 (1973-97)
• RHP Sean Mason (ASU) vs. LHP Zack Erwin (CU)
• Clemson is fresh off a three-game sweep of Virginia Tech at home by a combined score of 30-12. The Tigers hit .324 in the series.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.3 runs per game and hitting .309 with a .374 on-base percentage and 27 steals this season.
• The pitching staff has a 4.46 ERA, .262 opponents' batting average, 2.59 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .955 fielding percentage.
APPALACHIAN STATE OVERVIEW
• Appalachian State is led by second-year Head Coach Billy Jones.
• The Mountaineers swept UNC Asheville last weekend. Entering Tuesday's game, they are hitting .207 with a 4.34 ERA and .953 fielding mark.
• Dillon Dobson is hitting a team-high .328 with five doubles, one triple, two homers, 10 RBIs, and two steals in 15 games.
• Clemson entered the week leading the ACC in batting average (.309), 20 points ahead of second-place Florida State (.289).
• In 119 innings, Tiger leadoff batters have reached 58 times (49 percent). Clemson is also hitting .330 with runners in scoring position.
• Three Tigers, Tyler Krieger (15), Tyler Slaton (11), and Steve Wilkerson (11), are on current double-digit hitting streaks.
• A total of four different Tigers have had double-digit hitting streaks during the 2014 season. Steven Duggar had a 10-game hitting streak.
• Clemson is tied for first place with N.C. State in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 3-0 league record.
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is tied for first place with Miami (FL) and N.C. State.
• Senior infielder Steve Wilkerson is hitting .342 with three doubles, one triple, one homer, and seven RBIs.
• He has hit safely in all 11 of his games in 2014.
Tigers face Appalachian State
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 5:24 AM
TIGERS REMAIN #3 AND #5 IN POLLS#3 Clemson is 4-0 (1-0 ACC) headed into a showdown with #4 Louisville in Death Valley.
ATLANTA CURSE BROKEN#3 Clemson dominated Georgia Tech from beginning to end on Thursday night and ended a 5-game losing streak to the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta.
CUTigers.comFriday at 8:24 AM
WHAT WE ARE HEARING#3 Clemson is coming off a dominant 59-0 win over SC State and opens ACC play against interdivisional rival Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.
CUTigers.comThursday at 5:21 AM