Who - Clemson (14-9) at Georgia (14-10-1)
• Rankings - CU - No. 20 BA, No. 22 USA; UGA - NR
• When - Tuesday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Athens, Ga. (Foley Field)
• Watch - CSS
• Listen - TigerCast
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Overall Record - Georgia leads 119-103-2 (1900-2013)
• Record at Georgia - Georgia leads 68-45 (1900-2013)
• RHP Clate Schmidt (CU) vs. LHP Jared Walsh (UGA)
• Clemson lost two of three games at home against top-ranked Florida State last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.7 runs per game and hitting .293 with a .362 on-base percentage and 42 steals in 2014.
• The pitching staff has a 4.68 ERA, .258 opponents' batting average, 2.08 strikeout-to-walk ratio and .963 fielding percentage.
• Georgia is led by first-year Head Coach Scott Stricklin.
• The Bulldogs went 0-2-1 at Louisiana State last weekend. They are hitting .273 and have a 3.96 ERA and .970 fielding percentage.
• Hunter Cole is batting .337 with nine doubles, one homer, 15 RBIs, 15 runs and a .444 on-base percentage.
• Clemson has won six of the last eight games against Georgia and has a four-game winning streak at Foley Field (2010-13).
• Clemson averaged just 1.97 extra-base hits per game in 2013, but is averaging 2.96 per game in 2014.
• Clemson has committed just nine errors in the last 11 games after committing 24 errors in the first 12 games.
• In 16.0 innings pitched against No. 1 Florida State, Tiger starters allowed just two earned runs (1.13 ERA) and 13 hits with 17 strikeouts.
• Clemson is in second place in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 6-3 league record behind first-place Florida State (7-2).
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is in third place entering Monday's game between Virginia and Miami (Fla.).
• Clemson is among the ACC leaders in stolen bases with 42, an average of 1.8 steals per game.
• Steven Duggar (12), Tyler Krieger (9) and Jay Baum (6) lead the team in steals.
• Senior righty Matt Campbell has allowed just one unearned run in 16.0 innings pitched (0.00 ERA) over 12 relief appearances as the closer.
• He is 2-0 and has given up just eight hits (.143 opponents' batting average) with 25 strikeouts (14.06 strikeouts per nine innings pitched).
• He has four of the team's seven saves.
• In 8.1 innings pitched over six relief outings in ACC games, he has allowed four hits (.143 opponents' batting average) with 13 strikeouts.
• In 92.2 innings pitched over 65 relief outings in his career, he is 5-3 with 15 saves, a 2.91 ERA and .180 opponents' batting average.
• His 15 career saves are seventh-most in Clemson history.
• He has 114 strikeouts in his career (11.07 strikeouts per nine innings pitched).
Tigers tangle with Georgia
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:18 AM
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…