• Lyrics Klugh is a 6-foot cornerback out of Duncan (S.C.) Byrnes to keep an eye on. He has offers from Charleston Southern and Elon with Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and West Virginia showing interest. Klugh feels like UNC and South Carolina are close to offering. He has visited Georgia, Georgia Tech, and UNC this year. Georgia and UNC are currently his top two.
• Wake Forest offered Freddie Phillips after the NFTC Saturday during his visit. North Carolina State currently has the edge over North Carolina, but the race is close right now. All schools have offered as a safety, but the Wolfpack likes him as an athlete he said. The Pelion (S.C.) junior communicates often with N.C. State and the interest the coaches show him is what puts the Pack at the top of his list.
• Deandre Baker traveled up to Charlotte from Miami, Fla. and the defensive back out of Northwestern recently added an offer from Cincinnati. Kentucky and Tennessee offered before the Bearcats. Miami was the leader, but he has backed off that and he said all schools were even. He plans to take official visits during the season and he hopes to enroll early. Alabama, Ohio State, and USC are schools he wants to camp at this summer.
• Anthony Ratliff recently committed to North Carolina and he is "locked in" on the Tar Heels he said. Ratliff said, "I cannot see anyone taking that spot from UNC. It is a program on the rise and it is the right fit for me."
• Charlotte (N.C.) Victory Christian athlete Michael Holmes added an offer from Kentucky last week and he may visit Lexington this weekend. Marshall has offered as well and a visit there is possible soon also. Expect his recruitment to pick up. He has five offers now. The 6-foot-3, 225 pound junior could play either side of the ball on the next level.
• Duke leads for running back Reggie Gallaspy. The talented running back has visited Durham four or five times and he loves the education Duke offers and he has a strong relationship with the coaches. In order, the other schools in his top five are North Carolina State, North Carolina, West Virginia, and Virginia. He plans to commit by the end of the summer.
• 12 schools have offered Durham (N.C.) Hillside offensive tackle Emanuel McGirt. Miami was the last school to offer. He has already visited Duke, Florida State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, and Wake Forest in 2014. Right now, in-state schools Duke, N.C. State, and UNC lead. McGirt hopes to commit this summer.
• North Carolina commitment Antonio Williams said, "I'm not going anywhere. I am a Tar Heel." The 2016 back is talented and UNC has to be excited to have Williams on their commitment list early. Williams did not commit to UNC just because of football or for the education, it is "everything" he said."
• Auburn and Louisville are the last two schools to offer Mike Hughes out of New Bern, N.C. Those offers came back in February. He is open right now, but he wants to have his mind made up this summer. He has visited UNC and N.C. State and both visits stood out to him. Clemson, N.C. State, South Carolina, and UNC are recruiting him the hardest he said.
• Brian Chafin is one of the top center prospects in the country and the Charlotte Christian leader has 13 offers now. He added Boston College to his list a couple of weeks ago and he is open now, but he plans to narrow his list down to four this spring. The he wants to commit to a school in June. When asked why a June decision, he said, "I want to be a leader in my class." A leader he is on and off the field.
• 2016 rush end Zach Gilbert has offers from Charlotte, Florida, and Tennessee early on. He really "wants" offer from Clemson and South Carolina. Those two schools along with Florida State, North Carolina, and Stanford are showing interest. He currently favors Clemson, Florida, and Tennessee.
• Tennessee offered Emanuel Olenga first and the Vols lead. The Charlotte (N.C.) Olympic defensive end has visited Knoxville and he "loved" the coaches on the Vols' staff. "They keep it real," he said. Old Dominion is the only other school to offer the 6-4, 240 pound junior.
• Virginia Tech offered Mook Reynolds early and the Hokies have already gotten his commitment. He is looking around now. He has visited Blacksburg twice and he feels at home there. Ohio State was his favorite as a kid, but the Buckeyes have not offered. North Carolina is still recruiting Reynolds, the 6-foot corner from Greensboro (N.C.) Northern Guilford.
• Garner, N.C. running back Nyheim Hines has 16 offers now after Vanderbilt pulled the trigger last week. "All the schools that have offered are favorites," said Hines. He is in no rush to make a decision and he wants to get out and visit Clemson, Duke, Florida, Georgia, N.C. State, and Ohio State.
• Randleman, N.C. wide receiver Juval Mollette plans to pick from five finalists. Clemson, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Virginia Tech are those five. He has already visited Clemson, UNC, and Virginia Tech. He wants to commit "by the end of summer". Clemson and North Carolina are currently his top two.
• Scout 300 running back Bryce Love is still keeping his options open. He is set to visit Stanford next week and that will be his first visit to Palo Alto. Auburn is showing a lot of interest and an offer could be on the horizon. The Tigers want him to visit and he likely will soon. Georgia and the in-state schools will likely see the speedster out of Wake Forest (N.C.) Rolesville on their campus in the coming months too. He is planning to take his official visits before he commits.
Charlotte NFTC: Recruiting Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:18 AM
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:10 AM