Clemson Team Notes
* Clemson has now won 24 straight games over unranked opponents. All 24 of the wins
have been by 5+ points.
* Clemson recorded its first-ever win against Syracuse at Memorial Stadium and
improved to 2-1 all-time against the Orange.
* Clemson totaled four sacks in tonight’s game. The Tigers have now recorded at
least three sacks in each of their last seven games. Clemson also racked up 12
tackles for loss in the game.
* Clemson defeated Syracuse, 16-6, despite scoring just one touchdown in the game.
It was the first time since 2009 that Clemson won a game by only scoring one
touchdown. That season, the Tigers defeated Boston College 25-7 thanks to a punt
return for a touchdown by C.J. Spiller and six field goals by Richard Jackson.
* The Tigers held the Orange to just 170 yards of total offense, their lowest total
of the season. The Orange entered the game averaging 406.3 yards per game and had
not been held to fewer than 260 yards in a game this season. It was the third time
this season that Clemson held its opponent to less than 200 yards of total offense.
* Clemson committed four turnovers in the win. The Tigers had committed only six
turnovers all season entering the game. It was Clemson’s first win when losing the
turnover margin since defeating Louisiana State in the 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl. It was
also the most turnovers in a Clemson win since 2012, when the Tigers turned it over
four times in a 56-20 win at Duke.
* The Tigers surrendered only 88 rushing yards in the game, the fifth time this
season that Clemson’s opponent has failed to reach the 100-yard mark. Opponents are
averaging just 69.0 rushing yards against the Tigers over the last seven games.
Clemson Individual Notes
* Ammon Lakip made three field goals from distances of 38, 18 and 41 yards. He has
now made nine straight field goals and is 13-14 at home this season.
* Wayne Gallman rushed for a career-high 101 yards on 28 carries. He is the first
Clemson running back to rush for 100+ yards this season and the first since Roderick
McDowell rushed for 111 yards against South Carolina last season.
* Cole Stoudt completed 24 passes on 35 attempts for a 69.0 completion percentage,
his second highest of the season. Stoudt also surpassed 200 passing yards for the
third time this season and threw his second touchdown pass of the year.
* Artavis Scott hauled in a game-high seven catches for 59 yards. The freshman leads
the team with 45 receptions this season.
* Tavaris Barnes recorded a sack in the game, giving him three for the season,
second-most on the team this year.
* Robert Smith recorded his second interception of the season and fourth of his
career in the second quarter.
* Stephone Anthony recorded his first interception of the season in the third
quarter. It was the third of his career and his fourth career takeaway. Anthony also
added a sack and now has 2.5 for the year.
NOTES: Tigers win despite turnovers
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 5:53 PM
Austin Bryant Will Miss Louisville GameClemson fans were hoping starting DE Austin Bryant would make his 2016 debut against Louisville on Saturday, but Dabo announced Wednesday evening that Bryant will be held another…
Visiting Recruit ListDeath Valley will play host to a star-studded list of recruits on Saturday, as #3 Clemson takes on #3 Louisville.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 5:24 PM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Brent Venables and several Clemson players discuss their upcoming ACC showdown with #3 Louisville in Death Valley!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 9:07 AM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Jeff Scott, Ray-Ray McCloud, Ben Boulware and Clelin Ferrell discuss the Georgia Tech win and their upcoming showdown with #3 Louisville!
CUTigers.comMonday at 2:57 PM