• Who - South Carolina (6-1) vs. Clemson (5-2)
• Rankings - USC - No. 12 BA, No. 15 CB, No. 10 USA; CU - NR
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (2:30 p.m.), Sunday (Noon)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium) Friday; Greenville, S.C. (Fluor
FIeld) Saturday; Columbia, S.C. (Carolina Stadium) Sunday
• Watch - ESPN3 (Friday), SEC Network (Sunday)
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary & Roy Philpott (Friday); Tom Hart & Kyle Peterson
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network (No pregame show for Saturday’s
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - Join us for an exciting 10-minute postgame fireworks show.
FAN FEST & TIGER WALK ON SATURDAY
• Fan Fest, which opens Saturday at 10 a.m., is on Field Street outside of Fluor Field.
• Food, drinks, family-friendly activities and all things Clemson can be found at
• Orange shakers, koozies and Clemson pennants will be available for free at the
• Other events include a pep rally with the Cheer Squad and Tiger mascot as well as
Palmetto Bowl and Russell Athletic Bowl trophy displays.
• The team bus arrives on Field Street near the stage and ticket booth at
approximately 11:15 a.m., followed by a Tiger Walk into the stadium.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 170-134-2 (1899-2014)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 96-44 (1907-2014)
• Record at Neutral - South Carolina leads 9-8 (1899-2014)
• Record at South Carolina - South Carolina leads 81-66-2 (1900-2014)
• South Carolina is Clemson’s most-common opponent in history, as the two have faced
off 306 times dating to 1899.
• The two have met at least one time every year since 1945, with the exception of 1984.
• Clemson leads the series 49-27 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium (opened in 1970).
• South Carolina leads the series 3-1 at Fluor Field (opened in 2006). The first
game there between the two was in 2010.
• South Carolina leads the series 7-2 at Carolina Stadium (opened in 2009).
• Friday - RHP Wil Crowe (USC) vs. LHP Matthew Crownover (CU)
• Saturday - LHP Zack Erwin (CU) vs. LHP Jack Wynkoop (USC)
• Sunday - RHP Brody Koerner (CU) vs. TBA (USC)
• Clemson has won four games in a row, including an 11-5 win at home over Wofford on
• The Tigers are averaging 5.9 runs per game and hitting .302 with a .380 on-base
percentage and 10 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 1.72 ERA, .202 opponents’ batting average and 4.50
strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .961.
SOUTH CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• South Carolina is led by third-year Head Coach Chad Holbrook.
• The Gamecocks swept Northeastern in three games last weekend. They are hitting
.306 and have a 2.29 ERA and .982 fielding percentage.
• Elliott Caldwell is hitting .467, Alex Destino is batting .458 with two homers and
Gene Cone is hitting .407 with one home run.
• Of Clemson’s 35 players on its active roster, 17 are from the state of South
• Clemson junior righthander Clate Schmidt’s brother, Clarke, is a freshman
righthander on the South Carolina team.
• Tyler Krieger and Weston Wilson have hit safely in all seven games this season.
TIGERS 16-4 AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 16-4 all-time record at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C.
• The Tigers have outscored the opposition 159-69 at Fluor Field, an average score
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11,14)
and Presbyterian College (2011).
BOB BRADLEY AWARD PRESENTED SUNDAY
• Clemson’s MVP of the South Carolina series is presented the Bob Bradley Award. The
Gamecocks’ MVP receives the Tom Price Award.
• The two late athletic communications directors served as baseball contacts for
their respective schools for decades.
SLATON LEADING OFF SLATE
• Senior outfielder Tyler Slaton has served as a leadoff batter in past seasons, but
this year, he has excelled at a new level.
• In just seven games, he has 11 walks and one hit-by-pitch, good for a .559 on-base
• He is also hitting .318 with a team-high 10 runs, one double, one triple, two RBIs
and three steals.
• In his career, he is hitting .263 with 88 walks, a .388 on-base percentage, 26
steals and 12 outfield assists in 174 games (130 starts).
Tigers Face Rival Gamecocks This Weekend
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WHAT WE ARE HEARING: ACC Championship#3 Clemson looks to secure its second consecutive College Football Playoff berth by winning a record 16th ACC Title and its first back-to-back titles in 28 years!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 3:06 PM
TIGERS WIN THRILLERClemson improved to 4-2 with a 60-58 win over Nebraska and helped the ACC win the 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge!
CUTigers.comThursday at 7:13 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 7:25 PM
TIGERS ADVANCE TO ELITE EIGHT!Austen Burnikel scored the first two goals for the Tigers, and Alex Happi added an insurance goal, his 4th in as many games.
CUTigers.comSunday at 7:34 PM
TIGERS #3 IN BOTH POLLSAfter a record blowout 56-7 win over arch-rival South Carolina, Clemson moved up to #3 in both of Sunday's polls and could potentially be #2 in Tuesday's College Football Playoff…
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:32 AM