• Who - South Carolina (6-1) vs. Clemson (5-2)
• Rankings - USC - No. 12 BA, No. 15 CB, No. 10 USA; CU - NR
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (2:30 p.m.), Sunday (Noon)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium) Friday; Greenville, S.C. (Fluor
FIeld) Saturday; Columbia, S.C. (Carolina Stadium) Sunday
• Watch - ESPN3 (Friday), SEC Network (Sunday)
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary & Roy Philpott (Friday); Tom Hart & Kyle Peterson
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network (No pregame show for Saturday’s
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - Join us for an exciting 10-minute postgame fireworks show.
FAN FEST & TIGER WALK ON SATURDAY
• Fan Fest, which opens Saturday at 10 a.m., is on Field Street outside of Fluor Field.
• Food, drinks, family-friendly activities and all things Clemson can be found at
• Orange shakers, koozies and Clemson pennants will be available for free at the
• Other events include a pep rally with the Cheer Squad and Tiger mascot as well as
Palmetto Bowl and Russell Athletic Bowl trophy displays.
• The team bus arrives on Field Street near the stage and ticket booth at
approximately 11:15 a.m., followed by a Tiger Walk into the stadium.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 170-134-2 (1899-2014)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 96-44 (1907-2014)
• Record at Neutral - South Carolina leads 9-8 (1899-2014)
• Record at South Carolina - South Carolina leads 81-66-2 (1900-2014)
• South Carolina is Clemson’s most-common opponent in history, as the two have faced
off 306 times dating to 1899.
• The two have met at least one time every year since 1945, with the exception of 1984.
• Clemson leads the series 49-27 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium (opened in 1970).
• South Carolina leads the series 3-1 at Fluor Field (opened in 2006). The first
game there between the two was in 2010.
• South Carolina leads the series 7-2 at Carolina Stadium (opened in 2009).
• Friday - RHP Wil Crowe (USC) vs. LHP Matthew Crownover (CU)
• Saturday - LHP Zack Erwin (CU) vs. LHP Jack Wynkoop (USC)
• Sunday - RHP Brody Koerner (CU) vs. TBA (USC)
• Clemson has won four games in a row, including an 11-5 win at home over Wofford on
• The Tigers are averaging 5.9 runs per game and hitting .302 with a .380 on-base
percentage and 10 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 1.72 ERA, .202 opponents’ batting average and 4.50
strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .961.
SOUTH CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• South Carolina is led by third-year Head Coach Chad Holbrook.
• The Gamecocks swept Northeastern in three games last weekend. They are hitting
.306 and have a 2.29 ERA and .982 fielding percentage.
• Elliott Caldwell is hitting .467, Alex Destino is batting .458 with two homers and
Gene Cone is hitting .407 with one home run.
• Of Clemson’s 35 players on its active roster, 17 are from the state of South
• Clemson junior righthander Clate Schmidt’s brother, Clarke, is a freshman
righthander on the South Carolina team.
• Tyler Krieger and Weston Wilson have hit safely in all seven games this season.
TIGERS 16-4 AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 16-4 all-time record at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C.
• The Tigers have outscored the opposition 159-69 at Fluor Field, an average score
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11,14)
and Presbyterian College (2011).
BOB BRADLEY AWARD PRESENTED SUNDAY
• Clemson’s MVP of the South Carolina series is presented the Bob Bradley Award. The
Gamecocks’ MVP receives the Tom Price Award.
• The two late athletic communications directors served as baseball contacts for
their respective schools for decades.
SLATON LEADING OFF SLATE
• Senior outfielder Tyler Slaton has served as a leadoff batter in past seasons, but
this year, he has excelled at a new level.
• In just seven games, he has 11 walks and one hit-by-pitch, good for a .559 on-base
• He is also hitting .318 with a team-high 10 runs, one double, one triple, two RBIs
and three steals.
• In his career, he is hitting .263 with 88 walks, a .388 on-base percentage, 26
steals and 12 outfield assists in 174 games (130 starts).
Tigers Face Rival Gamecocks This Weekend
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS TAKE GAME TWO 11-0!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 2:30 PM
4-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:20 AM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 8:16 PM
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…
ANOTHER 5-STAR IS ALL IN!Shortly before the Clemson Orange & White Game, Dabo and the staff received an enormous commitment from 5-Star 2018 DE Xavier Thomas, ranked as high as #1 overall recruit in the…