• Who - Clemson (22-19, 11-9 ACC) vs. Georgia Tech (24-16, 9-12 ACC)
• When - Friday (7 p.m.), Saturday (1 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Atlanta, Ga. (Russ Chandler Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3, RSN (Saturday)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 107-104-3 (1902-2014)
• Record at Georgia Tech - Georgia Tech leads 71-41-2 (1902-2012)
• Friday - LHP Matthew Crownover (CU) vs. LHP Jonathan King (GAT)
• Saturday - LHP Zack Erwin (CU) vs. RHP Cole Pitts (GAT)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. RHP Brandon Gold (GAT)
• Clemson, who has won five of its last six games, fell at Georgia on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.1 runs per game and hitting .278 with a .365 on-base percentage and 42 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.64 ERA, .249 opponents’ batting average and 2.50 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .962.
GEORGIA TECH OVERVIEW
• Georgia Tech is led by 22nd-year head coach Danny Hall.
• The Yellow Jackets fell at home to Kennesaw State on Tuesday. They are hitting .278 and have a 4.21 ERA and .973 fielding percentage.
• Kel Johnson is hitting .349 with seven homers and 26 RBIs, while Keenan Innis is batting .333. A.J. Murray as a team-high nine homers.
• Clemson has 2,699 all-time wins, ninth-most in history among programs at the Division I level.
• Clemson did not face Georgia Tech during the 2014 regular season, but the Yellow Jackets downed the Tigers 3-0 in the ACC Tournament.
• Seven Tigers, including Clemson’s first two starting pitchers (Matthew Crownover, Zack Erwin) this weekend, are from the state of Georgia.
SCHMIDT PROVIDING RELIEF
• Junior righthander Clate Schmidt has made the most of his role as a long reliever and spot starter in the 2015 season.
• He is 1-1 with a 2.79 ERA and .240 opponents’ batting in 42.0 innings pitched over 12 appearances (four starts).
• Clemson has a 3-1 record in his four starts.
• In his eight relief appearances, he has a 2.12 ERA and .233 opponents’ batting average in 17.0 innings pitched.
• In ACC regular-season games, he has a 2.38 ERA and .225 opponents’ batting average in 11.1 innings pitched over five relief appearances.
• In his career, he has a 4.01 ERA and 101 strikeouts in 163.2 innings pitched over 48 appearances (23 starts).
Clemson travels to Atlanta
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 3:20 PM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 2:56 PM
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:59 AM
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM