• Who - Clemson (32-27) vs. Arizona State (34-21)
• Rankings - CU - NR; ASU - No. 19 BA, No. 18 CB, No. 20 USA
• When - Friday (6 p.m.)
• Where - Fullerton, Calif. (Goodwin Field)
• Watch - ESPN3
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• CTSN Affiliates - Clemson (WCCP), Newberry (WKDK), Union (WBCU)
• Overall Record - Arizona State leads 3-1 (1977-10)
• Record at Neutral - Tied 1-1 (1977-10)
• Record in NCAA Tournament - Arizona State leads 3-1 (1977-10)
• LHP Matthew Crownover (CU) vs. TBA (ASU)
• Clemson won one of three games in the ACC Tournament at Durham, N.C. The Tigers
downed No. 3 Louisville 7-2.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.3 runs per game and hitting .287 with a .376 on-base
percentage and 61 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.91 ERA, .249 opponents’ batting average and 2.51
strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .960.
ARIZONA STATE OVERVIEW
• Arizona State is led by first-year head coach Tracy Smith.
• The Sun Devils won one game at Southern California last weekend. They are hitting
.297 and have a 4.02 ERA and .974 fielding percentage.
• Johnny Sewald is hitting .328 with 20 steals, while Colby Woodmansee is batting
.314 with 43 RBIs.
TIGERS IN THE FULLERTON REGIONAL
• Clemson (32-27), the No. 3 seed, opens the Fullerton Regional by playing No. 2
seed Arizona State (34-21) on Friday at 6 p.m. on ESPN3.
• The Tigers will be the designated visiting team and occupy the first-base dugout
• The winner of Clemson’s game plays the winner of the game between No. 1 seed Cal
State Fullerton (34-22) and No. 4 seed Pepperdine (30-27).
• The winner of the Fullerton Regional plays the winner of the Louisville (Ky.)
Regional from June 5-8.
• All four games against Arizona State have taken place in the NCAA Tourney. Clemson
beat the Sun Devils 6-3 in the 2010 College World Series.
• The Tigers’ only game against Cal State Fullerton was in the 2006 College World
Series (7-6 Titan win).
• The Tigers have never faced Pepperdine.
FULLERTON REGIONAL STRONG
• The four teams in the Fullerton Regional have combined for 143 NCAA Tourney
appearances (including 2015).
• Clemson is making its 40th appearance, followed by 38 by Arizona State, 37 by Cal
State Fullerton and 28 by Pepperdine.
• The Fullerton Regional’s 143 combined NCAA Tourney appearances is the most of any
regional, ahead of second-place Stillwater Regional (129).
CLEMSON’S NCAA TOURNEY HISTORY
• Clemson plays in its 40th all-time NCAA regional when it competes in the Fullerton
• The 40 appearances are fifth-most in NCAA history, trailing only Texas (57),
Florida State (53), Miami (Fla.) (44) and Oklahoma State (41).
• Clemson has been to the NCAA Tournament every year since 1987 except one (2008).
• The Tigers have been to the NCAA Tournament 28 of the last 29 years (including 2015).
• Clemson is one of only 11 schools in the country to play in the NCAA Tournament
each of the last seven seasons (including 2015).
• The others are Arkansas, Cal State Fullerton, Florida, Florida State, Miami
(Fla.), Oregon State, Rice, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt and Virginia.
• Clemson has made nine super regional appearances, with its last in 2010.
• The Tigers have made 12 trips to the College World Series, with its last in 2010.
• Clemson has a 113-85 record (.571) in NCAA Tournament games.
• Clemson is 68-45 (.602) under head coach Jack Leggett in NCAA Tournament play,
including a 40-9 record (.816) in home NCAA Tournament games.
• Leggett has taken the Tigers to a regional 21 times in the 22 years he has been
Clemson’s head coach.
• Clemson has made just two trips to California in its history.
• Clemson’s last game in the state of California was versus Missouri State in 1993
in a tournament in Fresno. Clemson was 3-3 in that tourney.
• The other trip was in a tournament in Fresno in 1988, when Clemson also went 3-3.
• Clemson has played 12 teams from the state of California and has a 12-16 record,
incuding a 2-9 record in NCAA Tournament games.
• The Tigers’ most recent games against a team from the state of California happened
in a three-game sweep over Pacific at Clemson in 2007.
• Clemson’s only meeting with Cal State Fullerton took place on June 20, 2006 in the
College World Series. The Titans won 7-6.
• Clemson has never faced Pepperdine.
• Tyler Krieger was born in Laguna Hills, Calif. and played for Santa Barbara in the
California Collegiate League during the summer of 2013.
• Clemson is 8-3 in its last 11 games, as five of the eight wins have been against
top-25 ranked teams and four against top-10 ranked teams.
• Clemson, Louisville and Miami (Fla.) were the only ACC schools that did not suffer
a three-game sweep during the 2015 regular season.
• Clemson is 28-7 when outhitting the opponent and 2-18 when getting outhit.
ACC TOURNAMENT RECAP
• Clemson had a 1-2 record in the ACC Tournament at Durham, N.C. The Tigers beat No.
1 seed Louisville 7-2.
• Clemson hit .245 with four doubles and two steals. Reed Rohlman (6-for-12) and
Tyler Krieger (4-for-10) led Clemson at the plate.
• The pitching staff had a 2.16 ERA, .163 opponents’ batting average and 30
strikeouts against 12 walks in 25.0 innings pitched.
TOP-25 & TOP-10 WINS
• Clemson has an 8-4 record against top-25 teams and a 7-4 record against top-10
teams in 2015.
• Clemson is 4-0 against top-10 teams on opponents’ home fields (Florida State 3,
South Carolina 1).
• Only four of the 11 games against top-10 teams have been played at Clemson.
• Clemson swept No. 8 Florida State in three games in Tallahassee from May 14-16. It
was the Seminoles’ first series sweep at home since 2006.
• Clemson is hitting .287 with a .975 fielding percentage against top-25 teams. Reed
Rohlman is batting .400 and 17 RBIs against top-25 teams.
• The Tigers have a 2.97 ERA and .229 opponents’ batting average against top-25 teams.
CROWNOVER, ROHLMAN ALL-AMERICANS
• Junior lefthander Matthew Crownover and freshman outfielder Reed Rohlman were
named All-Americans by College Sports Madness.
• Crownover was named a first-team All-American, becoming the first Tiger pitcher to
earn first-team honors since 1996 (Kris Benson).
• Rohlman was a third-team All-American, becoming the second Tiger freshman ever and
first since 2005 (Taylor Harbin) to be an All-American.
Fullerton Regional Preview
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBYesterday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM