Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,897)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Roy Philpott-pbp; Stan Lewter-color)
• Clemson opened the 2015-16 season against North Carolina Central on Friday and did so in resounding fashion, beating the Eagles 74-40.
• The Tigers will play all 17 of their regular season home games at Bon Secours Wellness Arena while Littlejohn Coliseum undergoes a $63.5 million renovation.
• Sunday’s game serves as the first game of the Men Who Speak Up Main Event, the regular season tournament the Tigers are part of in Las Vegas, Nev. The Tigers next play Texas Southern, followed by games against UMass (Nov. 23) and either Creighton or Rutgers (Nov. 25) in Vegas.
• Clemson’s defense was the story in the season opener. The Tigers held North Carolina Central, a 25-win team last season, to 30 percent shooting and just 40 total points.
• The win over NC Central was Clemson’s 31st straight in a season opener.
• Avry Holmes posted 11 in his Clemson debut, which included his 99th career three-point goal in the second half.
• Sidy Djitte added a career-high nine points off the bench for Clemson.
- PG Avry Holmes
- SG Jordan Roper
- SF Donte Grantham
- PF Jaron Blossomgame
- C Landry Nnoko
Jaron Blossomgame, coming off a game-high 18 points in the Tigers' win vs. NC Central in just 22 minutes, emphasized the need to take care of business of non-conference games that they're favored in.
San Antonio is coming off a season-opening 64-76 loss to Loyola-Chicago.
"We can't come out here and lose to non-conference teams that we're supposed to beat," Blossomgame said following the Tigers' NC Central 74-40 on Friday.
Holding NC Central to just 40 points on Friday was the 2nd-best in Clemson history, behind holding Furman to 35 in December 2013.
Clemson vs. San Antonio is being streamed on ESPN3 on Sunday at 2:00 PM ET and will be called by Roy Philpott on play-by-play.