Clemson projected starters:
- PG Avry Holmes
- SG Jordan Roper
- SF Donte Grantham
- PF Jaron Blossomgame
- C Sidy Djitte
This game ends a five-game homestand for the Tigers. Clemson has gone 3-1 in it so far, with their only loss coming to Alabama by one point. The Tigers are 6-1 at home at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville this season.
South Carolina currently has five players averaging double-figure scoring; Mindaugas Kacinas (13.3 points), Laimonas Chatkevicius (13.0 points), Michael Carrera (12.2 points), Sindarius Thornwell (11.7 points) and Duane Notice (11.6 points).
The Gamecocks lead the series history 89-76.
Watch: The game is being streamed on ESPN3 on Friday at 7:00 PM ET.
• Friday’s game is the latest in the Certified SC Grown Palmetto Series, where the two schools are knotted at five wins apiece.
• Clemson and South Carolina renew the rivalry on the hardwood Friday in Bon Secours Wellness Arena; it marks the first time the game has been played outside of either Clemson or Columbia since the 1970 ACC Tournament in Charlotte, N.C.
• This is the first time the Tigers have faced a ranked South Carolina team since Dec. 17, 1997, when Clemson upset the sixth-ranked Gamecocks at home despite playing without injured point guard Terrell McIntyre.
• Rebounding will play a critical factor in deciding Friday’s game. The Gamecocks are +10.3 per game on the boards, while the Tigers are 7-0 when out-rebounding the opposition this season. Clemson is coming off its biggest advantage of the season, +21 over Presbyterian.
• Senior guard Jordan Roper earned his undergraduate degree Thursday in Bon Secours Wellness Arena, the site of Friday’s game. Roper graduated in three and a half years and will be the first Clemson player to compete with a degree in hand since both Bryan Narcisse and Tanner Smith did it in 2011-12.
• Sidy Djitte, who has started the past two games at center for Clemson, is coming off his second double-double of the season. He posted a career-high 13 rebounds in the win over Presbyterian on Tuesday.