Monte Lee following Wednesday's win over The Citadel
CLEMSON, S.C. - The No. 19 Tigers return home to host No. 22 Boston College in a three-game series at Doug Kingsmore Stadium this weekend.
• Who - Boston College (12-3, 2-1 ACC) vs. Clemson (13-3, 2-1 ACC)
• Rankings - BOC - No. 22 CB; CU - No. 19 CB, No. 21 USA
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary & Pete Yanity
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (all three games) - Family Four Pack - Purchase four tickets and a $10 concession voucher for only $30.
• Promotion (Saturday No. 1) - Super Hero Day - Celebrate your favorite super hero and our local heroes.
• Promotion (Saturday No. 2) - Trading Card Set No. 1 Giveaway - The first 500 fans receive the first pack of player trading cards.
• Promotion (Saturday No. 3) - Local public servants can receive a free ticket and their immediate family members can purchase tickets for $5.
• Promotion (Sunday) - IPTAY Tiger Cub Club & CATS Day - All members can get in for free by showing their ID at the gates.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 22-8 (2006-15)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 10-5 (2007-14)
• Friday - RHP Mike King (BOC) vs. RHP Clate Schmidt (CU)
• Saturday - LHP Jesse Adams (BOC) vs. LHP Charlie Barnes (CU)
• Sunday - RHP Jacob Stevens (BOC) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson won both of its midweek games at The Citadel by a combined score of 17-5.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.4 runs per game and hitting .289 with a .401 on-base percentage and 17 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 2.85 ERA, .210 opponents’ batting average and 2.72 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .966.
BOSTON COLLEGE OVERVIEW
• Boston College is led by sixth-year head coach Mike Gambino.
• The Eagles won two of three games at NC State last weekend. They are hitting .289 and have a 2.67 ERA and .980 fielding percentage.
• Joe Cronin is hitting .389 with five doubles, two triples, two homers, 19 RBIs and four steals, while Mitch Bigras is batting .360.
• Clemson’s 13-3 start is its best through 16 games since 2010, when it started 14-2.
• Clemson batters have faced a righthanded pitcher in 240 consecutive plate appearances over the last 5+ games.
• Clemson has committed 20 errors, but has only allowed five unearned runs.
OKEY DRIVING THEM IN
• Junior catcher Chris Okey got off to a slow start, but has come on of late and is producing runs.
• He has 21 RBIs along with hitting .304 with two doubles, one triple and three home runs in 16 games.
• He has a .458 on-base percentage thanks to 13 walks and three hit-by-pitches.
• In the last three games, he is 7-for-12 (.583) with a homer, five RBIs and five runs.
• In his career, he is hitting .284 with 90 runs, 27 doubles, three triples, 19 homers, 119 RBIs and six steals in 138 games (138 starts).