* First time Florida State and Miami (FL) lost on the same day since October 20, 1990 when Florida State lost to Auburn 20-17 and Notre Dame beat Miami, 29-20.
* Aaron Hunt became Clemson's all-time leading scorer when he had four field goals and two extra points for 14 points in the win over
Florida State. That gives him 302 points for his career, one more than Nelson Welch (1991-94). Hunt has now made 11 consecutive field
goals. The record is 14 by Obed Ariri in 1980.
* Charlie Whitehurst broke the single season passing yardage record when he had 272 yards passing against Florida State. He now has 2682
for the season, breaking the record of 2578 by Woodrow Dantzler in 2001. Whitehurst already had the completions record and now has 221
for the season.
* Clemson's win over #3 Florida State was the school's highest ranked football victory in history. The previous best was a win over #4
Nebraska in the 1982 Orange Bowl, a 22-15 victory that gave Clemson the National Championship. Clemson also defeated a #4 ranked Georgia team that same year at Death Valley , 13-3.
* Clemson now has two victories over top 25 teams this year, the first time since 1996 Clemson has defeated two ranked teams in the same year. Clemson also defeated a 24th ranked Virginia team earlier this year.
* Derrick Hamilton became Clemson's all-time leader in all-purpose running in the victory over Florida State. The junior had 142
all-purpose yards on Saturday night, giving him 4412 for his career, breaking the record of 4391 by Travis Zachery (1998-2001).
* After Tommy Bowden finished talking to the team in the locker room on Saturday night, Charlie Whitehurst presented him with the game
ball from the Clemson team.
* Making good on a promise he had made to his players earlier in the week, Clemson running backs shaved the head of running backs coach
Burton Burns in the locker room after the game.
* Clemson held Florida State scoreless in the first half, the first time Clemson has ever held the Seminoles without a point in the first
* Clemson defeated Florida State by 16 points. It was just the sixth time since 1989 that Florida State had lost a game by 15 points or
* Clemson is now 20th in the nation in passing yards per game with a 279.5 figure. Clemson is also second in the nation in kickoff returns with a 28.2 average. Charlie Whitehurst is 20th in the nation in total offense and Aaron Hunt is 24th in field goals per game with a 1.4 average. Derrick Hamilton is 23rd in all-purpose running at 130.7 yards per game.
* Top tacklers on Saturday night: Travis Pugh 10, Leroy Hill 10, Jamaal Fudge 8, John Leake 8.
* Tony Elliott will start at one of the wide receiver games on Saturday, his final home game.
* Clemson actually beat Florida State in three sports this weekend. Clemson won the volleyball match on Friday night and won in men's
swimming on Saturday afternoon. That was an upset of a top 25 team also as Florida State's men's swimming team was ranked 19th in the
nation entering the meet.
Sunday Clemson Football Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ACC Media DayCUTigers was on hand in Charlotte for ACC Media Day on Wednesday. Watch Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell, All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame and point guard Avry Holmes discuss…
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBYesterday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM