* Today was the 30th victory for the 2003 Senior Class. This is the first Clemson senior class to reach 30 victories since the seniors of 1993. That group won 32 games in its four season. The record for one class is 40 wins by the seniors of 1990. Clemson's defense held Duke to 174 yards total offense, tied for its best total defense in a game this season. Clemson also held Furman to 174 yards in the second game of the season. It was the best total defense performance by a Clemson team against a Division I school since the Tigers held Wake Forest to 159 yards in 2000.
* Wake Forest had 57 yards passing against the Tigers today, the fewest yards passing against the Clemson defense since Wofford had just 36 against the Tigers in 2001. It was the fewest passing yards by a Division I opponent since Wake Forest had 57 in the 2000 game at Clemson.
* Derrick Hamilton scored the first two touchdowns of the game just 14 seconds apart in the first period. It is the quickest a player
has scored back to back touchdowns on record. It is also the quickest any Clemson players have combined to score two touchdowns on record. The previous swiftness for one player scoring two touchdowns in a game was one minute apart by Terry Allen at Maryland in 1988. The quickest any players have combined to score a pair of touchdowns was 27 seconds. In Clemson's 82-24 win over Wake Forest in 1981, Homer Jordan and Chuck McSwain scored touchdowns just 27 seconds
apart in the second quarter.
* Hamilton had two touchdown receptions in the game, giving him nine for the season. He broke the single season mark of eight set by Perry Tuttle in 1981, Terrance Roulhac in 1984 and Tony Horne in 1997.
* Hamilton had his fourth 100-yard receiving game of the season in today's game. All four 100-yard games have taken place within the
last seven games. He will enter next week's game with 886 receiving yards, needing just 114 to become the second player in Clemson
history to reach 1000 receiving yards in a season. Rod Gardner is the only other Clemson receiver to reach 1000 yards. He did it twice.
* Charlie Whitehurst threw for 331 yards in today's victory. The total put him over the 3000 yard mark for the season. He is the
first Clemson quarterback to throw for over 3000 yards in a season. He will enter the season finale with 3013.
*Clemson now has 3139 passing yards for the season, just 18 yards away from the single season record of 3157 by the 2002 team.
* Clemson now has 260 completions for the season, just eight short of the season record of 268 set in 2002.
* Kevin Youngblood had six catches for 91 yards today and now has 64 catches for the season. That is the third highest total in Clemson
history. The record is 80 catches for Rod Gardner in 1999.
* Clemson is now 5-0 in Senior Day games under Tommy Bowden. Clemson has not lost a Senior Night game since 1997 when the Tigers lost to a
top 15 North Carolina team 17-10.
* Clemson has allowed just 17 total points in its last two games. Clemson also did that in consecutive games against Middle Tennessee
(14) and Georgia Tech (3) earlier this year. It is the first time Clemson has allowed just 17 points over consecutive conference games
since the 2000 season when Clemson held Wake Forest to seven points and Virginia to 10 in consecutive victories.
* Justin Miller had a 63-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in today's game, the first punt return for a touchdown since Brian Mance
went 88 yards for a score against Georgia Tech in 2000.
* Clemson outgained Duke by 312 yards in today's game (486-174). That was the largest total offense margin since the 2000 Wake Forest
game when Clemson outgained the Demon Deacons 623-159, a 464-yard margin.
*The 344 passing yards by the Tigers today were the second most in a single game in Clemson history. The record is 420 by the Tigers
against Duke last year. Thus, the top two passing yardage games in Clemson history have taken place with Charlie Whitehurst at qquarterback against Duke the last two years.
*Today was Clemson's eighth game of at least 400 yards of total offense, tying the single season record. The 2000 team also had eight 400-yard total offense games.
Clemson vs. Duke Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:59 AM
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM