* Tates Locke, Bill Foster, Rick Barnes and Larry Shyatt all won their first game at Clemson. Ironically, Cliff Ellis, Clemson's all-time leader in total wins, lost his first game to Tennessee Tech, 68- 67 in overtime in 1984-85.
* Clemson is 1-0 liftime against Gardner Webb, a 71- 61 victory in Anderson, SC on December 14, 2002. Clemson overcame a 29-27 deficit at halftime to gain the victory thanks to a 44-point second half. Edward Scott led the Tigers with 17 points, while Ray Henderson added 14 off the bench. Chey Christie added 13. Clemson made 27-64 shots from the field in the game, including 17-33 in the second half. Otis Daniels led Gardner-Webb with 15 points, the only player in double figures.
* Clemson's opener will be part of a doubleheader at Littlejohn Coliseum on Friday evening. The Tigers tip off at 6:00 PM followed by the Lady Tigers against South Carolina in the second game at 8:30 PM. Clemson's season ticket total for men's games is up over 400 over last season to 5,249.
* Friday night's game with Gardner-Webb opens the 36th season of basketball in Littlejohn Coliseum. It will be the the first game with all renovations to the facility completed. The facility went through a $35 million renovation over the last two years. Clemson is 367-143 for its 510 games in the facility, a 72.1 percent winning percentage. That includes a strong 237-28 record in non-conference games, a .895 winning percentage.
* Chris Hobbs is the only scholarship senior on the Clemson rsoter this year. He enters his senior season ranked 20th on Clemson's career rebound list with 527 and is tied for 10th in field goal percentage with Tree Rollins at 53.94 percent.
* Clemson won both of its exhibition games, with strong all-around performances. The Tigers beat NIKE Elite 85-68 on November 7 by a 85-68 score, then stopped EA Sports 89-76 on November 17. Clemson had six double figure scorers in both games. Clemson was especially effective in the rebounding area, winning the boards 97-43 in the two games combined. Chris Hobbs was Clemson's leading scorer with 33 points in the two games, as he shot 14-20 from the field. Chey Christie added 31 points in the two games. Shawan Robinson came off the bench in both games, but still had 22 points and 16 assists in his 46 minutes of play.
Clemson - Gardner-Webb News & Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Blossomgame Drafted by SpursFormer Clemson All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame was the penultimate pick in Thursday night's NBA Draft, going #59 overall to the San Antonio Spurs.
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:00 AM
ANOTHER 4-STAR IS ALL IN4-Star 2018 CB Kyler McMichael is the Tigers' 10th commitment of the 2018 class and 8th of 4 or 5 stars!
CUTigers.comFriday at 5:52 AM
6-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 3:07 PM
6-17 RECRUITING RADAR: DABO CAMP IIIn this week's Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front, straight from the second week…
PHOTO GALLERY: DABO CAMP IIEnjoy these images from week two of the Dabo Swinney Camp, courtesy of Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel and Photographer Joy Suddeth!