The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl leads all college bowl games in charitable and scholarship contributions. Last year, the Classic donated $123,000 to the two organizations. The Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to bringing health, hope and happiness to children by raising funds to support Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and Camp Twin Lakes, the only camping facility in Georgia for children with chronic illnesses and disabilities, both received donations as a result of the Classic for Kids event.
In addition, the Chick-fil-A Classic for Kids presented by RBC Centura Bank brings home Georgia natives for the game:
University of Georgia:
- Buzz Wehunt, freshman guard from Hochton, Jefferson County High School
- Rashad Wright, senior guard from Statesboro, Statesboro High School
- Steve Wolak, freshman guard from Thomasville, Thomasville High School
- Jonas Hayes, senior forward from Atlanta, Frederick Douglas High School
- Corey Gibbs, freshman guard from Lithonia, Redan High School
- Chris Daniels, senior forward from Albany, Monroe High School
- Joey Waldrop, freshman center from Newnan, Newnan High School
- B.J. Elder, junior guard from Madison, Morgan County High School
- Isma'il Muhammad, junior forward from Atlanta, W.D. Mohammed High School
- Mario West, red-shirt freshman guard from Douglasville, Douglas County High School
- Keith Jones, freshman guard from Austell, Pebblebrook High School
About the Chick-fil-A Classic For Kids presented by RBC Centura Bank
Georgia and Georgia Tech will play host to Saint Louis and Clemson as the Yellow Jackets take on the Billikens at 12:30 p.m., followed by the Bulldogs against the Tigers at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 13 at Philips Arena in Atlanta.
About the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl is the only guaranteed ACC vs. SEC match-up in the bowl business. In 2002, the Bowl played its 35th anniversary game, recorded its sixth straight sellout, attained its highest-ever team payout at $2.1 million per team and contributed a record $382,750 in charitable and scholarship contributions. For more information visit www.chick-fil-apeachbow.com.