* This will be the first regular season meeting between Clemson and Georgia since the 1964-65 season. The two schools have met three times in postseason play since then, twice in the NIT and once in the NCAA Tournament.
* When Clemson faced Georgia in the 1996 NCAA Tournament one of Clemson's assistant coaches was current Georgia head coach Dennis Felton. Felton served as an assistant coach under Rick Barnes from 1994-98. Clemson went to the NCAA Tournament each of his last three years with the Tiger program, the only time Clemson has advanced to the NCAA Tournament three consecutive years in its history.
* Both Clemson head coach Oliver Purnell and Georgia head coach Dennis Felton are in their first seasons with their respective programs. Purnell won 88 games in his last four years at Dayton prior to coming to Clemson. Felton won 87 games in his last four years at Western Kentucky prior to his arrival at Georgia.
* Georgia forward Damien Wilkins played four games for NC State against Clemson prior to coming to the Bulldog program. Clemson won three of the four games and the Clemson defense held Wilkins to 12-37 shooting from the field. However, Wilkins scored 22 points and had seven assists against Clemson the last time he faced the Tigers, leading to a 34-point State win.
* Clemson and Georgia will play in one of three basketball games at Philips Arena on Saturday. Prior to the Clemson vs. Georgia game, Georgia Tech, ranked 10th in the nation, will face St. Louis. After the Clemson game, the Atlanta Hawks will face the Orlando Magic in a 7:30 PM NBA game.
* Clemson is coming off a 76-61 loss to South Carolina. Olu Babalola was a bright spot for the Tigers as the junior forward recorded his first career double-double. The native of London, England had 11 points and 11 rebounds in the contest. The rebound figure was a career high.
* Clemson junior center Sharrod Ford continues to rank high in a number of ACC categories. The native of Maryland is third in the ACC in rebounding with a 9.0 average, ranks second in blocked shots with 3.0 per game, stands fifth in field goal percentage at .588 and is 13th in scoring at 14.0 per game.
* Clemson has lost two games in a row to Purdue and South Carolina, who are a combined 14-0 so far this season. Clemson is in the middle of a stretch when it plays five games in 10 days. Only five NBA teams will play more games between Dec. 13-22 than Clemson.
Clemson vs. Georgia News & Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
4-27 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comThursday at 4:10 AM
TIGERS WIN 7-2, SWEEP C OF C!Reed Rohlman is 10 of his last 13 and upped his average to .413, going 3-3 with a HR, two doubles and a HBP, as #3 Clemson cruised past Monte Lee's alma mater, College of…
CUTigers.comTuesday at 7:40 PM
TIGERS WIN 11-0 TO TAKE SERIES!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!