* This will be the first time Clemson has faced a Murry Bartow coached team, but the Tigers have faced Bartow's father. Gene Bartow, Murry's father, was the head coach at UAB in 1992-93 when the Blazers defeated Clemson 65-64 in the second round of the NIT in Birmingham, Alabama.
* Clemson has a 4-0 lead in the series with East Tennessee State. Clemson won the last meeting in the season opener of 1999-00, a 77-47 Clemson victory. Will Solomon led the Tigers with 21 points. Clemson also gained victory in 1973-74, 1985-86 and 1998-99. The closest ETSU has come to beating Clemson came in the first meeting, a 73-65 score in a game played at Clemson on 2-6-74.
* ETSU is 5-1 so far this season after winning 8 of its last 10 to close the 2002-03 season. That means ETSU has won 13 of its last 16 games. It lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament last year to Wake Forest, 76-73. In its most recent game all five starters scored in double figures for the Bucs, including 30 points by Zakee Wadood. ETSU defeated Georgia Southern, 91-85 on 12-6-03.
* Clemson has lost each of its last three games, to Purdue, South Carolina and Georgia. Clemson made a season high seven three-point goals in the game against Georgia.
* Clemson has outshot the opposition from the field, 47 percent to 40 percent, and made 12 more field goals than the opposition. Additionally, Clemson has made eight more free throws. But, Clemson has scored 18 fewer three-point goals and has made just .287 of its three point shots. ETSU has made just 30.5 percent of its three-point goals so far this year, but has made 117 free throws compared to just 98 attempts for its opponents.
* Clemson has won eight straight games against Southern Conference teams, including seven in a row since current senior Chris Hobbs came to Clemson. Clemson last lost to a Southern Conference team in February of 2000 when Appalachian State and coach Buzz Peterson defeated the Tigers 72-60. Clemson is 1-0 so far this year against the Southern Conference, a victory over Wofford.
* Chey Christie is coming off a 24-point outing against Georgia on Saturday. It was he second highest scoring game of his career. The only game that is better is a 25-point outing against Georgia Tech last year. The Georgia game was his third career 20-point scoring contest. Lamar Rice also had a career high (14) against Georgia. Both players had three threepoint goals, most by a Tiger in a game this year.
* Clemson and ETSU will play a doubleheader on Monday. The two women's teams will play at 5:00 PM at Littlejohn Coliseum.
ETSU - Clemson News & Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM