* Look for the Tigers to push for a commitment from Miami native Akeem Robinson on Tuesday during Tommy Bowden's in-home visit.
The only obstacle that could stand in the way is a possible trip to Florida. Apparently, the Gators have received the same film that prompted several schools, including Clemson, to move in with a formal scholarship offer late in the game.
From what we understand, Robinson will likely be a Tiger, and may be the most underrated prospect to sign with Clemson this year.
* Clemson is backing off of Nygel Pearson, a possible grey-shirt candidate on the offensive line for the 2004 class out Darlington.
"I am still considering them but I haven't made up my mind yet," Pearson told CUTigers.com this weekend. "They have been talking with me about starting in January. Other schools will give me a chance to play in the fall so I'm not sure what I will do."
Look for Darlington stand out to possibly ink with Central Florida.
* Xavier Littleberry, the Camden Military standout that was in Clemson this weekend for an official visit, is high on the wish list as a tight end/defensive end. He's a big time athlete that's got outstanding size and good quickness. Assuming his grades are in order, which is still a slight issue, look for Littleberry to sign with Clemson.
* The big wide receiver from Ft. Dorchester that was in town this weekend, Durrell Barry, is viewed as a bonafide playmaker at 6-4, 245 pounds. But he's a TIGHT END, not a wide receiver. Grades again could be the issue here, and he could be placed by Clemson.
* Lake View RB Vernell Jones will also be placed by Clemson.
* James Thompson, one of the top linemen in the state this year, is still set for his official visit to Clemson next weekend. CUTigers.com has been told that his chance of signing with Clemson is now better than ever after progress has been made with his family. In fact, we've learned that Thompson was extremely close to committing to Tommy Bowden during a recent in-home visit.
* Finally, hope is not lost for North Carolina native Jamar Bryant, who is still a big target of the coaching staff. In fact, we've been told that a scholarship will be held for Bryant, right up until signing day should he change is mind.
As a side note, Bryant continues to accept phone calls from the Clemson coaching staff and he is maintaining that he is still "open."
* Clemson still should land Maurice Reevey and Mike Hamlin. C.J. Barber's commitment to South Carolina will effect Hamlin's decision in no way.
Sunday Evening Recruiting Scoop
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS TAKE GAME TWO 11-0!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 2:30 PM
4-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:20 AM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 8:16 PM
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…
ANOTHER 5-STAR IS ALL IN!Shortly before the Clemson Orange & White Game, Dabo and the staff received an enormous commitment from 5-Star 2018 DE Xavier Thomas, ranked as high as #1 overall recruit in the…