* Clemson's strength of schedule is ranked 5th by RPI and sixth by Sagarin heading into this week's play.
* Two Clemson starters have had their career high scoring efforts against Georgia Tech. Chey Christie scored 25 points on 9-15 shooting in Clemson's 69- 67 win at Clemson last year. Olu Babalola had a career high 17 points on 7-9 shooting at Georgia Tech last year.
* When Clemson won at Georgia Tech in 2002, current senior Chris Hobbs scored 25 points to lead Clemson to the victory. Like Christie last year, Hobbs made 9-15 shots from the field. It is one of just two 25-point scoring games for Hobbs in his 105 game Clemson career. Hobbs's career high is 28 against Virginia is freshman season.
* Hobbs went ahead of former teammate Ray Henderson on the Clemson career rebound list against Maryland. He now has 634 for his career, 13th on the all-time list. Next at #12 is Tommy Mahaffey, who had 649 between 1959-62.
Clemson has not allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent from the field against it this year. Only three teams have shot better than 47 percent against the Tigers in 2003-04.
The home team has won 27 of the last 33 games in the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech series. The two teams have split the regular season series 14 of the last 16 seasons.
* Shawan Robinson made his first career start in the Maryland game last Sunday. He responded with 15 points on 6-10 shooting from the field.
* The Georgia Tech game will be the first of four straight games against top 25 teams for Oliver Purnell's team. This will be just the fifth time in Clemson history the Tigers have played four straight games against ranked opponents.
* Clemson center Sharrod Ford has made 36 of his last 46 free throws, a .782 figure. He is a .530 free throw shooter for his career.
* Reserve forward Akin Akingbala has made 35-54 shots from the field this year, a .648 figure. He stands at .651 for his career on 41-63 shots.
Clemson's balanced attack has six players averaging between 8.0 and 11.1 points per game this season.
* Clemson averages 19.7 turnovers per game, last in the ACC. Clemson has committed more turnovers than it has forced in 14 of its 17 games this year. Clemson has had at least 15 turnovers in13 straight games and in 16 of the 17 contest this year.
* Saturday's noon game with North Carolina at Littlejohn Coliseum is a sellout. Clemson also sold out the Duke game earlier this year.
Tigers Battle Yellow Jackets Tonight
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFB11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM