* Clemson has beaten North Carolina each of the last two meetings, the first time Clemson has downed the Tar Heels in consecutive games since the 1979-80 era. Clemson won the last meeting of 1978-79 and the first meeting of 1979-80. Both were played at Clemson, as have the last two meetings. This is just the third time in history Clemson has beaten North Carolina in consecutive games. Clemson has never beaten North Carolina three consecutive games.
* Clemson has lost 49 straight games in Chapel Hill, the longest active losing streak on an opponent's home court in the nation. It is the second longest streak in history, exceeded only by Brown's 52-game road losing streak at Princeton, a streak that was stopped last year. Earlier this year Washington State won at UCLA for the first time in 47 contests.
* Clemson's game at North Carolina will be its 11th against an AP top 25 team this year. Clemson has two wins over top 15 teams this year, a victory over a #12 North Carolina in the first meeting this year and a victory over #13 NC State on Feb. 18.
* In the first meeting between Clemson and UNC this year the Tigers shot 11-13 on three-point goals in an 81-72 victory. That is the sixth best three-point shooting game in NCAA history in terms of percentage and the best by any team in the nation this year. (Given a minimum of 10 made three-pointers).
* Clemson senior Chris Hobbs will be going home for his final ACC road game as a Tiger. Hobbs is a native of Chapel Hill and a graduate of East Chapel Hill High. He has been a part of three wins over North Carolina in his career, the first Clemson player to participate in three wins over the Tar Heels since Bobby Conrad (1976-80).
* Clemson guard Shawan Robinson is also a native of North Carolina (Raleigh). Robinson made 5-6 three-point goals and scored a career high 24 points in the first meeting between the two teams this year.
* Both Clemson coach Oliver Purnell and North Carolina coach Roy Williams are assistant coaches under Larry Brown on the 2004 United States Olympic team.
* Clemson center Sharrod Ford is coming off one of his best games as a Tiger. The junior scored 20 points and pulled down 16 rebounds vs. Georgia Tech last Saturday. His rebound total included 10 offensive, tying a Clemson single game record for an ACC game. Ford has made 17 of 24 shots from the field in his career against North Carolina.
* Last year Clemson lost at Chapel Hill by a 68-66 score. It was the closest Clemson has come to victory at UNC since 1974-75 when Clemson suffered a two-point loss.
Tigers Looking for 3rd Straight over Carolina
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ANOTHER CLEMSON CHAMPIONSHIP!!!#3 Clemson held on to beat #23 Virginia Tech 42-35 for its first back-to-back ACC Titles in 28 years.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:52 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP PRESS CONFERENCEWatch Dabo Swinney's Press Conference Prior to the ACC Championship Game Between #3 Clemson and #23 Virginia Tech!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 9:38 AM
WHAT WE ARE HEARING: ACC Championship#3 Clemson looks to secure its second consecutive College Football Playoff berth by winning a record 16th ACC Title and its first back-to-back titles in 28 years!
CUTigers.comFriday at 3:06 PM
TIGERS WIN THRILLERClemson improved to 4-2 with a 60-58 win over Nebraska and helped the ACC win the 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge!
CUTigers.comThursday at 7:13 AM