The injury list for the Tigers is long but improving as the team continues preparations for Saturday's game against N.C. State.
Maurice Nelson (thigh bruise), Anthony Waters (sprained knee), Duane Coleman (thigh bruise), Chris McDuffie (thigh bruise) are all expected to play after suffering various injuries against Maryland.
The only bad news is that Chansi Stuckey continues to be very limited with an ankle sprain.
Officially, he's listed as doubtful.
"He did very little," said head coach Tommy Bowden after practice Thursday. "He's probably 25% or less. We'll probably be banged up a little, but the rest of them will be 75% and higher."
Heading into the eighth game of the season, seven teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference are ranked within the top 25 schools in the country in total defense.
The Tigers currently rank 47th overall, giving up 349 yards per game. N.C. State ranks second in the nation at 234 per game, Virginia Tech ranks seventh at 265, FSU is eighth at 266, Georgia Tech is 18th at 288, followed by Virginia (20), Maryland (21) and Miami (23).
"I think it says a lot about the conference," said Bowden. "You win championships with defense, and for that many teams, there are going be a lot of chances to compete."
Clemson ranks 26th (181/game) in pass defense, but 78th (168/game) in rush defense.
Bowden said that he considers N.C. State's injury situation and Clemson's injury situation a "wash," because of the potential loss of Chansi Stuckey..."I know they've got one guy out. Another guy they took out but he came back and played," Bowden said.
Wednesday Practice Report
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ACC Media DayCUTigers was on hand in Charlotte for ACC Media Day on Wednesday. Watch Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell, All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame and point guard Avry Holmes discuss…
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBYesterday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM