6-1, 175, 4.5
Stratford High School
Goose Creek, South Carolina
* Looking for this year's "talker" in the 2005 recruiting class? Look no further than Stratford defensive back Haydrian Lewis. Lewis is one of the most animated, and one of the most outgoing prospects currently verbally committed to Clemson. "You have to be that way to be a cornerback," Lewis told CUTigers.com this week. "You are out there on an island. You know how it goes, all eyes are on you. If you make a mistake, it's a touchdown. I like that kind of pressure."
* Lewis also says that he's coming to Clemson as a pure cover corner. "I won't be playing safety or any other position. It's corner. You can say I'm a prototypical cover corner. It's what I do best," said Lewis.
* The standout defensive back also says that he'd like to pattern his play after current Tiger Justin Miller. "He's the kind of player that tells you straight up, 'I'm good.' I love that. He'll tell you that all game long. I think that leaves an impression."
* Lewis was one of the top athletes on hand for one of the Tigers' summer camps earlier this year, and says he'll be recruiting for Clemson this week during practice. "I want to do whatever I can. I'll talk to anybody that will listen."
* Finally, Lewis remains firmly committed to Clemson and will take no other official visits.