* Clemson was ranked 19th by collegerpi.com and 24th by Sagarin computer rankings entering games of December 12.
* Clemson freshman Cliff Hammonds has made 14 of his last 19 three-point attempts, including each of his last five. He missed his first eight three-point attempts of the season and is now third in the ACC in percentage with a .519 figure. Hammonds, who was co-ACC Rookie of the Week last week, has made 16 of his last 21 field goals attempts over the last three games.
* Shawan Robinson is second in the ACC in three-point field goal percentage with a .545 figure on 18-of-33 attempts.
* Sharrod Ford had 16 points and nine rebounds in the Clemson's win over Charleston Southern on Saturday. He made 7-11 shots from the field an added four blocked shots. He now has 14 blocks for the season and 123 for his career. He needs four blocked shots to move into fifth place on Clemson's career list.
* This will be Clemson's first ever game against Norfolk State, but the Tigers second game this year agianst a team from the MEAC. Clemson defeated Hampton in the season opener 98-54. All-time, Clemson is 14-1 against schools from the MEAC with the most common opponent being South Carolina State. The Tigers are 6-1 against the Bulldogs.
* Clemson has made 41.2 percent of its three-point shots over the first six games, best in the ACC on a percentage basis. Clemson has not led the ACC in three-point percentage since the first year of the rule, 1986-87, when Clemson shot a record .447 from long range as a team.
* Norfolk State has an even 3-3 record and the record is nearly reflected in the point totals through six games. The Vikings have scored 396 points and given up 393, just a three-point scoring margin.
* Clemson has shot 52.3 percent from the field for its four home games so far this year. That includes a .519 figure against Charleston Southern last Saturday. Littlejohn Coliseum has been a shooter's gym so far this year. The Tigers are shooting .433 at home on three-point shots and the opposition is shooting .440 for the four games.
* Clemson is 5-0 this year when it out-rebounds the opposition and 0-1 when it is the loser in the rebound margin stat.
* Clemson has won the turnover margin stat in five of the first six games this year. Clemson was last in the ACC in turnover margin last year and won that statistic just four times all season.
* Clemson leads the ACC in steals per game with a 13.50 figure.
Tigers Face Norfolk State
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ERRORS, PEN PLAGUE TIGERS IN SWEEP AT #4 UNCErrors in the 6th and the 10th cost the Tigers, who saw late leads slip away in all 3 games at #4 North Carolina and suffered their first sweep of the season.
TIGERS WIN 7-2, SWEEP C OF C!Reed Rohlman is 10 of his last 13 and upped his average to .413, going 3-3 with a HR, two doubles and a HBP, as #3 Clemson cruised past Monte Lee's alma mater, College of…
CUTigers.comTuesday at 7:40 PM
TIGERS WIN 11-0 TO TAKE SERIES!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!