6-5, 270, 4.8
Conway High School
Conway, South Carolina
* Hivera Green remains one of the top available prospects on the Tigers' recruiting board as he continues practicing for the Shrine Bowl this week in Spartanburg. In fact, Green, along with Northwestern's Jamie Robinson, are two prospects that Clemson would take right up until signing day.
* Green, who has added nearly 30 pounds since the summer, appears to be poised to move over to defensive tackle at the collegiate level. "Either position, I'm fine. I can play either one. I could see myself ending up at tackle though," Green said this week.
* On the recruiting front, several schools remain squarely in the mix for his services. "I'm looking at Virginia Tech, Clemson, and even Ohio State a little bit right now," Green said. "South Carolina and Oklahoma are also looking at me. Coach Stoops saw me a few days ago and couldn't believe it was me. The last time he saw me I was about 240."
* Green towers above nearly everybody on the South Carolina squad this week, and has looked strong in limited scrimmaging and drills. He's been practicing mostly as a defensive end.
* Sources say that this is likely a two team race with Clemson and Virginia Tech.
* Green and Greenwood LB Alonzo Higgins have been talking a good bit this week. Higgins commented to CUTigers.com that he was drilling Green in Madden 2005. "We've been hanging out a lot," Higgins added.