* Clemson will open its ACC schedule at Duke on Sunday in its only Sunday night game of the year. The Tigers have a difficult beginning to the ACC schedule as Clemson is the only school in the conference that must play five of its first seven conference games on the road.
* Clemson has not won its ACC opener since Rick Barnes was the head coach (1997-98). Clemson has lost six straight ACC openers, all by at least double digits. Clemson has had to play a top 20 team in each of those six games, including four against top 10 ACC teams. This is the fourth straight year Clemson has had to open its ACC schedule against a top six Duke team. Clemson is 15-36 alltime in ACC openers, the exact opposite of Duke's 36-15 record in the first ACC game of the year.
* Clemson has not beaten Duke since the 1996-97 season and has lost 17 straight to the Blue Devils. Duke has been ranked in the top 10 in the nation in all 17 of those games. It is the second longest losing streak in Clemson history to any team.
* Sharrod Ford has made 46 of his last 75 shots from the field (.613) and averaged 16.3 points per game over his last seven games. Ford has 15 career double-doubles, third among active ACC players Shelden Williams (24) and Sean May (19).
Shawan Robinson has 99 three-point goals and obviously needs just one to become the 11th player in Clemson history to score 100 three-point goals in a career.
* Clemson has a +6.3 rebound margin for the year and has been out-rebounded just once in the first 12 games of the season. Clemson has won the second chance points statistic in 11 of the first 12 games.
* Clemson had 41 points from its bench in the win over Indiana State in Hawaii. Clemson's bench has won the scoring battle in nine of the first 12 games this year. Clemson averages 24 points per game off the bench this season.
Clemson point guard Vernon Hamilton averaged 10 points per game and made 54.5 percent of his field goal attempts in the three games in Hawaii. He had five steals against Georgetown and now has 32 for the season, among the ACC leaders. Hamilton still has more steals (32) than fouls (26) this year. He had seven assists and just two turnovers in the win over East Carolina.
* Cheyenne Moore had 10 points against East Carolina, his first career double digit scoring games.
* Clemson outscored East Carolina 20-3 in the first half when Olu Babalola was on the court.
Clemson has made at least one three-point goal in 411 consecutive games. Duke's streak is at 525 consecutive games with at least one three.
Clemson - Duke Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS TAKE GAME TWO 11-0!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
4-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:20 AM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 8:16 PM
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…