* Clemson will play its second consecutive ACC game against a top six team when the Tigers face Wake Forest. This is the first time since....last year that the Tigers have had to open their ACC schedule with a pair of top 10 teams. Last year Clemson opened its ACC slat against #2 Duke and #5 Wake Forest. But, that is the only other time that has happened in the last 26 years.
* Clemson has lost five of six to Wake Forest since Skip Prosser became the head coach of the Deacs. The only win was a thriller, a 118-115 double overtime triumph in Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 13, 2002.
* Sharrod Ford will play in his 100th career game at Clemson when the Tigers face Wake Forest on Saturday. He has started 68 of his first 99 and has 873 poins and 603 rebounds.
* Sharrod Ford has made 54 of his last 91 shots from the field (.591) and averaged 16.8 points per game over his last eight games. Ford is coming off a 20- point performance at Duke. Ford has 15 career double-doubles, third among active ACC players Shelden Williams (24) and Sean May (19).
* Shawan Robinson has 99 three-point goals and obviously needs just one to become the 11th player in Clemson history to score 100 three-point goals in a career.
* Olu Babalola scored his career high of 22 points against the Demon Deacons at Littlejohn Coliseum last year. He scored the 22 points in just 27 minutes. It is the only 20 point game of his Clemson career.
* Clemson ranks fifth in the nation in steals and 24th in blocked shots this week. Clemson is one of just six schools nationally to rank in the top 25 in both categories.
* Vernon Hamilton has 35 steals and just 26 fouls so far this year. Only one Clemson player in the last 17 years has finished a season with more steals than fouls. Freshman Cliff Hammonds is also on pace to do as the rookie has 25 steals and 22 fouls so far this year.
* Clemson will face a Wake Forest team that is ranked fourth in AP, third by USA Today, fifth by Sagarin and second by the collegerpi.com. Clemson has not beaten a team rnaked in the top three in either of the major polls since Feb. 18, 2001 when Clemson upset number-one ranked North Carolina.
* Clemson has not defeated a top five Wake Forest team since the 1980-81 season when Larry Nance led the Tigers to an 81-71 victory in Clemson.
* Oliver Purnell and Skip Prosser faced each other 13 time when Purnell was at Dayton and Prosser was at Xavier. Prosser had a 7-6 lead in those games, but the home team won 12 of the 13.
Clemson - Wake Forest Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM