* This will be Clemson's fourth ACC road game in its last five games. Clemson has five of its first seven league games on the road, the only ACC team who has that challenging an open to its schedule. The only two home games for the Tigers are with top five teams Wake Forest and North Carolina.
* After Wednesday night's game at Miami the Tigers will play at Littlejohn Coliseum for four consecutive conference games, then have a non-conference game against Georgia in the BiLo Center in Greenville. Tiger players won't have to spend a night on the road for 22 consecutive days.
* This will be the first meeting between Clemson and Miami (FL) since the 2001-02 season when the Hurricanes defeated Clemson 67-65 in the championship game of the Paradise Jam.
* Two current Tigers were on the Clemson roster the last time Clemson played Miami (FL). Sharrod Ford, then a freshman in his third career game, played just four minutes as a reserve and had no points and one rebound in the 67-65 Miami win in the Virgin Islands. It is one of just seven games in Ford's career in which he failed to score. Olu Babalola was on the roster, but did not play in that game against Miami in 2001.
* Clemson does have a 5-1 advantage in the all-time series with Miami. Four of the previous six games have been on neutral sites. The two teams played a home and home series in 1994-95 and 1995-96, Rick Barnes first two years as Clemson head coach. Clemson won both meetings, including a 14-point win in overtime in Miami in December of 1995.
* Rick Barnes is a common denominator between Clemson and Miami head coach Frank Haith. Barnes coached at Clemson from 1994-98, and was the head coach at Texas when Haith was an assistant under Barnes.
* Clemson will attempt to becme just the third school since 1971 to win at Miami in football and men's basketball in the same academic year. Syracuse (1997-98) and Florida (1985-86) are the other institution to do it. Clemson beat the Hurricanes on the gridiron 24-17 in overtime last fall.
* Sharrod Ford has scored in double figures in four straight games and seven of his last eight. He has scored in double figures in 11 of his last 12 ACC road games.
* Olu Babalola had 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists at Virginia, the first Clemson forward to have at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists in a single game since Greg Buckner did it as a freshman in 1994-95 against North Carolina.
* Two of Clemson's next five games are against Miami (FL). Miami is at Clemson on Feb. 12.
Clemson - Miami Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:18 AM
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:10 AM