* Each of the last four games in Littlejohn Coliseum between Clemson and NC State have been decided by five points or less. Both teams have won two of these games.
* Clemson won the last meeting between the two teams, 60-55 last year at Littlejohn Coliseum. It is Clemson's last win over an ACC team in Littlejohn Coliseum. Clemson held the Pack to 6-37 threepoint shooting. The 31 missed three-point attempts is the most by one team in Littlejohn Coliseum.
* Clemson has played five of its first seven ACC games on the road, the only school that has done that. In fact, Clemson and NC State are the only two league teams that must play five road games within its first eight league games.
* Clemson has had five games come down to a threepoint attempt within the last 10 seconds of the game. Clemson is 2-3 in this situation. All three losses have come within Clemson's last three road games. Clemson has lost four ACC road games by 16 total points. Last year Clemson lost eight ACC road games by an average of 16 points.
* Sharrod Ford is coming off a 20-point, 15-rebound performance at Miami (FL). He is now just 47 points away from 1000 for his career. When he reaches that mark he will be the first Clemson frontcourt player to score 1000 points since Harold Jamison reached the plateau in 1998-99.
* Clemson has a 5-3 record against NC State in Littlejohn Coliseum since Herb Sendek became the head coach of the Pack in 1996-97. In the five Clemson wins the Tigers have held the Pack to .222 three-point shooting (28-126). In the three Pack victories, NC State has made 48.4 percent of its threepoint attempts (36-74).
* Clemson has two players on its roster from the Raleigh area. Shawan Robinson is from Raleigh and played at Leesville Road High School. James Mays is a freshman from Garner, NC who played at Garner High School.
* Ten of the last 12 Clemson games, the team that has won the first five minutes of the second half has gone on to win the game. That was the case against Miami (FL) last Wednesday when the Hurricanes outscored Clemson 14-8 in the first five minutes of the second half to erase a four-point Clemson halftime lead, on the way to their four-point win.
* Clemson is ninth in the nation in steals per game this week. Tiger guard Vernon Hamilton is 31st in the nation in that category. He has a 2.02 average for his career on a per game basis, best in school history.
* Clemson has 20 ACC wins over NC State in Littlejohn Coliseum, more than any other school.
N.C. State - Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Where Does Clemson Rank All-Time?Clemson captured its second consensus National Championship in 35 years by beating #3 Ohio State, the 2014 National Champion, 31-0 and undefeated #1 Alabama, the Defending National…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:20 AM
PHOTO GALLERY I: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PARADEEnjoy these images from the Clemson National Championship Parade and Death Valley Celebration, courtesy of CUTigers.com Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 9:56 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 6:20 PM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!