* Clemson senior center Sharrod Ford scored a career high tying 25 points in this evening's game. It was his high game against an ACC opponent. His previous high for any game was 25 against Wofford on 11-29-03. His previous high for an ACC game was 20 set against three teams, most recently against Miami (FL) this year.
* Ford now needs just three points against Georgia Tech next Tuesday to become the 29th member of Clemson's 1000-point club.
* Ford had his third consecutive double-double this evening. This is the first time he has had three consecutive double-doubles in his
career. He now has 19 career double-doubles, tied for 10th in Clemson history with Harold Jamison. Jamison by the way is the last
Clemson frontcourt player to score 1000 points. He played from 1998-99.
* Sam Perry scored a career high 14 points on 6-9 field goal shooting. His only other double figure scoring game was the 10 points he had in
the season opener against Hampton. Perry's defense was a major reason Nik Caner-Medley scored just nine points, his first single
digit performance after 11 straight double figure games. He had scored in double figures against every ACC team this year.
* Clemson shot 50 percent from the field for the game, hitting 34-68 from the field. It was the first time this year Clemson has shot 50
percent from the field against an ACC team.
* This was only second time this year Clemson has had four double figure scorers in an ACC game. The other time was at Virginia. It
was the sixth time overall this year Clemson has had four double figure scorers.
* Sharrod Ford had 25 points and Shawan Robinson added 22in this game. It marked the first time Clemson has had a pair of 20 points scorers
in a game since Oliver Purnell became the head coach at Clemson. It was the first time Clemson has had a pair of 20-point scorers in the
same game since Feb. 13, 2002 when the Tigers actually had three with at least 20 in a 118-115 double overtime win over Wake Forest.
Scott (30), Stockman (30) and Hobbs (24) were Clemson's 20-point scorers in that game.
* Clemson started three first year freshmen this evening. This was the first time Clemson has started three freshman in the same game
since the 1996 NCAA Tournament when Clemson started four freshmen and a sophomore against Georgia at Albuquerque, NM. Clemson started four freshmen much of that season.
* This was the most points scored by an Oliver Purnell coached Clemson team in a ACC game. The previous high was 81 against North Carolina last season.
* This was the third win over a top 25 team since Oliver Purnell has been Clemson's head coach. Shawan Robinson has scored 66 points in
those three wins, 24 vs. N. Carolina last year, 20 vs. NC State last year and the 22 tonight.
* Cliff Hammonds had a career high seven assists this evening. His previous high was five.
* This was the fifth time this year Clemson shot 51.5 percent or better in the first half.
* Maryland shot 1-6 from three-point land in the first half, 16.7 percent. This was just the third time a team shot 16.7 percent or
worse in the first half against the Tigers from three-point range this year.
* Maryland's 31.3 percent first half field goal percentage was the lowest by an ACC opponent against Clemson this year.
Tigers Upset Maryland Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
PHOTO GALLERY I: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PARADEEnjoy these images from the Clemson National Championship Parade and Death Valley Celebration, courtesy of CUTigers.com Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 9:56 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 6:20 PM
RECRUITING RADAR: National Champion EditionIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, players and coaches discuss their historic National Championship win over #1 Alabama.