* This will be the second meeting between Clemson and Miami (FL) in a 17-day period. The last time Clemson played a team twice in that quick a period of time was in 2001-02 when Clemson played Florida State on Feb. 23 in the regular season, then again in the first round of the ACC Tournament.
* Clemson freshman Cliff Hammonds is averaging exactly 10 points per game so far this season. Hammonds is trying to become just the eighth first-year freshman in Clemson history to average double digits over the course of a season, the first since Terrell McIntyre in 1995-96.
* Sharrod Ford was held to three points and no rebounds against Georgia Tech, but had a string of three straight double-doubles prior to that. One of those games was a 20-point, 15-rebound performance at Miami (FL).
* Even though Ford had just three points and no rebounds against Georgia Tech, the 6-9 center is still second in the ACC in offensive rebounds, fourth in blocked shots, fifth in field goal percentage and fifth in rebounding.
* Vernon Hamilton needs two steals to become the first player in Clemson history to have at least 50 steals as a freshman and as a sophomore. Hamilton has just seven turnovers in his last five games.
* Clemson and Miami have met on the basketball court seven times previously. Six of the seven, including the first game this year (69-65, Miami), have been decided by five points or less or in overtime.
* Clemson and Miami have played two overtime games in history and Clemson has won both times. The combined score of the two overtimes is 23-0 in Clemson's favor.
* Clemson has two players on its roster from the state of Florida, junior center Steve Allen (Fort Lauderdale) and sophomore guard Jimmy Hudson (Eustis).
* Clemson must improve its defense in the second half. In the 10 ACC games so far this year, the opposition has shot 53.7 percent from the field and outscored Clemson by 9.4 points per game. The ACC opposition has failed to improve its field goal percentage in the second half just once in the first 10 league contests.
* Akin Akingbala has made 12 of his last 16 shots from the field. He scored 10 points in 22 minutes off the bench the last time Clemson met Miami.
* Clemson must improve its free throw shooting. The Tigers are now shooting .597 from the line for the year, worst in the ACC and have gone nine straight games without making at last .700 of its free throws.
* James Mays made his first career three-point goal on his first attempt against Georgia Tech. He is just the fourth Tiger 6-9 or taller to make a 3-pt goal.
Miami - Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM
TOP PLAYS: NC State vs. ClemsonHere's a look back at some of NC State's top plays against Clemson, and the highlights are courtesy of ABC. The first video is a collection of all the highlights and below it are…
Pack PrideWednesday at 8:28 AM