* This is the second game of a four-game four-year series between Clemson and Georgia. The two teams played in Atlanta last year at Philips Arena and will compete at the BiLo Center in Greenville, SC on Wednesday. The 2005-06 game will be at Athens, and the 2006-07 contest will be at Clemson.
* Clemson freshman Cliff Hammonds is averaging 10 points per game so far this season, second among ACC freshmen. Hammonds is trying to become just the eighth first-year freshman in Clemson history to average double digits over the course of a season, the first since Terrell McIntyre in 1995-96.
* Clemson is coming off a 83-77 loss to Miami (FL) last Saturday. Clemson held a 35-31 lead at intermission, but lost the game, the fifth time this year Clemson has lost a game after leading at the half.
* Vernon Hamilton became the first player in Clemson history to record at least 50 steals as a sophomore and a freshman when he had two steals against Miami (FL). He now has exactly 100 in 50 career games at Clemson.
* Clemson and Georgia have met on the hardcourt 76 times dating back to Jan. 31, 1913 when Georgia handed Clemson its first loss in history. Clemson had won its first seven games before the 75-15 loss to Georgia, still the second worst margin of defeat in Clemson history. This will be just the second regular season meeting since 1964-65.
* Georgia head coach Dennis Felton was an assistant at Clemson for four seasons (1994-95 through 1997-98) under Rick Barnes. Clemson went to an NIT and three NCAA Tournaments in Felton's four years with Barnes at Clemson.
* Shawan Robinson led Clemson in scoring in the loss to Miami (FL) with 21 points, the first time he has led Clemson in scoring in an ACC game this year. But, it was his second 20-point game in the last three, as he also had 22 points in the win over Maryland on Feb. 1. Robinson has made 12 of 27 three-point shots in the three games so far in Feb.
* Clemson must improve its defense in the second half. In the 11 ACC games so far this year, the opposition has shot 55 percent from the field, including the 67 percent performance by Miami last Saturday. The ACC opposition has failed to improve its field goal percentage in the second half just once in the first 11 league contests.
* Clemson improved its free throw shooting against Miami, hitting 11-15 for 73.3 percent. It broke a streak of nine straight games without shooting 70 percent for the Tigers, who are at 60.2 percent for the year, last in the ACC.
* Clemson last defeated Georgia in the 1999 NIT, a 77-57 win at Clemson.
Georgia - Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:18 AM
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:10 AM
ANOTHER CLEMSON CHAMPIONSHIP!!!#3 Clemson held on to beat #23 Virginia Tech 42-35 for its first back-to-back ACC Titles in 28 years.
CUTigers.comSaturday at 11:52 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP PRESS CONFERENCEWatch Dabo Swinney's Press Conference Prior to the ACC Championship Game Between #3 Clemson and #23 Virginia Tech!
CUTigers.comSaturday at 9:38 AM