* Clemson won the first meeting with Maryland, an 88-73 victory at Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 1. Clemson will be attempting to record a regular season sweep against the Terps for the first time the 1996-97 season. That year Clemson won both regular season games under Rick Barnes, but Maryland won the meeting during the ACC Tournament.
* Clemson had a pair of 20-point scorers in the first meeting against Maryland as Sharrod Ford scored a career high tying 25 points and Shawan Robinson added 22. Clemson shot 50 percent from the field in the game, Clemson's best field goal shooting game against an ACC opponent this year.
* Clemson has two players on its roster from the Maryland area. Senior center Sharrod Ford is from Suitland and freshman forward Cheyenne Moore is from Baltimore.
* Ford went over the 700 mark in terms of career rebounding in the loss at North Carolina. He now has 702 for his career and needs just six to move into ninth place on the all-time Clemson list. Ford has played some of his best basketball on the road this year. He has scored in double figures in every road game this year and 13 of 14 over the last two years.
* Clemson is 2-6 on the opponent's home court this year. Seven of the eight games have been decided by nine points or less.
* Clemson freshman Cliff Hammonds has scored in double figures in six of his last seven games and has a 10.2 average of the season, second best among ACC freshmen.
* Maryland has been known for its pressure defense over the years, but Clemson has recorded 253 steals so far this year, ninth in the nation on a per game basis. Nine different Tigers have at least 18 steals this year. No Clemson team has ever had nine different players record 20 steals in a season.
* This will be a homecoming of sorts for two Clemson coaches. Both Oliver Purnell and Ron Bradley were assistant coaches at Maryland during the 1980s. Purnell was an assistant with the Terps under Lefty Driesell and Bob Wade between 1985-86 and 1987- 88. Bradley was on the Maryland staff from 1981- 1990 in various capacities. He was a full-time assistant from 1983-89.
* Sam Perry scored 14 points in 23 minutes in the first meeting against Maryland. That is Perry's only double figure scoring game against an ACC team this year. In fact, Perry has just 32 points in ACC games so far this year and 14 came in that one game against Maryland.
* Clemson reserve center Akin Akingbala has made 15 of his last 23 shots from the field.
Clemson - Maryland Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
CUTigers.comMonday at 2:56 PM