* Clemson can become postseason eligible with a victory over Virginia Tech on Tuesday night. Clemson has 14 wins and a 15th would guarantee the Tigers a winning regular season for the first time since 2002-03. Clemson has not been to postseason play since the 1999 NIT when Clemson reached the finals in Madison Square Garden.
* Clemson has lost three straight games to Virginia Tech, including a 59-57 loss in Virginia on Jan.15.
* Clemson had a 2-0 week in ACC play last week. Clemson will be trying to win a third straight conference game for the first time since the 2002-03 season when the Tigers defeated North Carolina, Virginia and Florida State between Feb. 15-22.
* Clemson completed the month of February with a 4-3 record, just the school's second winning record in February since 1990.
* This will be Senior Night for Clemson's Sharrod Ford and Olu Babalola. Clemson is 25-8 over the last 33 years on Senior Night, including a 14-8 record against ACC teams. Clemson is 64-29 all-time on Senior Night, a .688 winning percentage.
* Last week Ford had 45 points, 24 rebounds, shot 17-23 from the field, had 11 blocks and four steals in victories over Maryland and Florida State. Ford has played 113 consecutive games for the Tigers and has 81 starts. Babalola had 11 points, five rebounds and just one turnover in 29 minutes in the win at Maryland. Babalola has played 103 games for Clemson, including 62 as a starter.
* While this is Senior Night, Clemson's freshmen have had a big impact on Clemson's recent run that includes victories in three of the last four games. In the two wins last week the freshman class collectively scored 68 points, had 25 rebounds, 13 assists, shot 23-46 from the field (.500) and 9-19 on three-point shots (.473).
* Clemson will have a quick turnaround for its game with Virginia Tech. Clemson has not won two ACC games in a three-day period since Feb. 10-12 of 1990 when Clemson beat Virginia and NC State in consecutive home games. Clemson last won an ACC game with just one day off in between games in 1992-93 when it beat Maryland at Clemson. Clemson has lost 13 ACC games in a row when it has just one day to prepare.
* Clemson has scored at least 80 points in consecutive ACC games for the first time since the 1997-98 season. The 180 points scored the last two games are the most in consecutive ACC games since Clemson scored 188 against Virginia and Wake Forest in 2001-02.
* Clemson (56) and Virginia Tech (32) have the most combined starts by freshmen in the ACC this year.
Virginia Tech - Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
3-22 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
TIGERS TEE OFF ON C OF CRed-hot ACC Player of the Week Chris Williams hit his 4th and 5th home runs in 8 days and Beer and Davidson also went yard, as #6 Clemson won its 16th of the last 18 games.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:48 PM
BROWNELL REMAINS AT CLEMSONDespite widespread speculation about Brad Brownell's job security after a disappointing season, he will remain at Clemson for at least one more season.
CUTigers.comMonday at 10:08 AM
TIGERS TAKE SERIES!!!Pat Krall allows just one run and #9 Clemson slugs its way to its 15th win in the last 17 games, taking 2 of 3 from #11 UVA!
CUTigers.comSunday at 4:31 PM
TIGERS LAND 4-STAR COMMIT!Defending National Champion Clemson received its 6th commitment of the 2018 class--5 of them 4-stars or better--in 4-star DE Justin Mascoll!
CUTigers.comFriday at 4:58 PM