* Clemson became postseason eligible with a 66-64 victory over Virginia Tech on March 1. The Tigers won the game on dunk by senior Sharrod Ford at the buzzer. It was the first game-winning shot at the buzzer in Clemson history.
* Clemson has won three consecutive ACC games, victories over Maryland, Florida State and Virginia Tech. Clemson has not won four ACC games in a row since winning the first five games of the 1996- 97 season. A win at Tech would give Clemson four consecutive wins entering the ACC Tournament, a first in Clemson history.
* Sharrod Ford has had three consecutive double-doubles, the second time this year he has done that. No Clemson player has had four in a row since Harold Jamison had five straight double-doubles in 1998-99. Ford has averaged 21 points and 11.7 rebounds per game in his last games.
* Clemson is 5-3 since Feb. 1, including a 4-3 record in ACC play. In games since Feb. 1, Clemson is fourth in the ACC standings, just a half game behind Duke, who is 5-3 in ACC games since Feb.1.
* Clemson will play at Georgia Tech on Saturday and it will be Tech's Senior Day. Clemson has not won an opponent's Senior Day since the 1999-00 season when Clemson won at NC State and is 11-33 all-time in opponent senior days. Clemson won on Georgia Tech's Senior Day in 1996-97, 55-53.
* Clemson was outshot by Virginia Tech in all three shooting areas, yet the won the game. It was the second time Clemson had won a game this year when it had been out-shot in all three areas. Prior to this year Clemson had not won a game in that situation since the 1997-98 season (at NC State).
* If Clemson defeats Georgia Tech it would give Clemson 16 wins, six more than last year. This would be the largest victory improvement from one year to the next by a Clemson team since the 1986- 87 team, the winningest team in Clemson history won 25 games, six more than the 1985-86 team. The Clemson record is a 10-game victory improvement by the 1937-38 Tiger team.
* Through games of Feb. 28, Clemson was the only team in the nation in top 20 in blocked shots and steals. Clemson is 12th in steals, 19th in blocks.
* Clemson has won three games by two points or less this year. This is the first time Clemson has done that since the 1989-90 team won four.
* Cheyenne Moore has made 15 straight free throws, longest streak by a Clemson player since Edward Scott made 23 in a row during 2000-01 season.
* Clemson will be looking for its sixth ACC win at Tech. No Clemson team has won at least six conference games since the 1997-98 team was 7-9.
Clemson - Georgia Tech Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 2:18 AM
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…
NATIONAL SIGNING DAY HQKeep it right here for all of the latest developments on National Signing Day in Clemson!