* Clemson became postseason eligible with a 66-64 victory over Virginia Tech on March 1. The Tigers won the game on dunk by senior Sharrod Ford at the buzzer. It was the first game-winning shot at the buzzer in Clemson history.
* Clemson has won three consecutive ACC games, victories over Maryland, Florida State and Virginia Tech. Clemson has not won four ACC games in a row since winning the first five games of the 1996- 97 season. A win at Tech would give Clemson four consecutive wins entering the ACC Tournament, a first in Clemson history.
* Sharrod Ford has had three consecutive double-doubles, the second time this year he has done that. No Clemson player has had four in a row since Harold Jamison had five straight double-doubles in 1998-99. Ford has averaged 21 points and 11.7 rebounds per game in his last games.
* Clemson is 5-3 since Feb. 1, including a 4-3 record in ACC play. In games since Feb. 1, Clemson is fourth in the ACC standings, just a half game behind Duke, who is 5-3 in ACC games since Feb.1.
* Clemson will play at Georgia Tech on Saturday and it will be Tech's Senior Day. Clemson has not won an opponent's Senior Day since the 1999-00 season when Clemson won at NC State and is 11-33 all-time in opponent senior days. Clemson won on Georgia Tech's Senior Day in 1996-97, 55-53.
* Clemson was outshot by Virginia Tech in all three shooting areas, yet the won the game. It was the second time Clemson had won a game this year when it had been out-shot in all three areas. Prior to this year Clemson had not won a game in that situation since the 1997-98 season (at NC State).
* If Clemson defeats Georgia Tech it would give Clemson 16 wins, six more than last year. This would be the largest victory improvement from one year to the next by a Clemson team since the 1986- 87 team, the winningest team in Clemson history won 25 games, six more than the 1985-86 team. The Clemson record is a 10-game victory improvement by the 1937-38 Tiger team.
* Through games of Feb. 28, Clemson was the only team in the nation in top 20 in blocked shots and steals. Clemson is 12th in steals, 19th in blocks.
* Clemson has won three games by two points or less this year. This is the first time Clemson has done that since the 1989-90 team won four.
* Cheyenne Moore has made 15 straight free throws, longest streak by a Clemson player since Edward Scott made 23 in a row during 2000-01 season.
* Clemson will be looking for its sixth ACC win at Tech. No Clemson team has won at least six conference games since the 1997-98 team was 7-9.
Clemson - Georgia Tech Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Blossomgame Drafted by SpursFormer Clemson All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame was the penultimate pick in Thursday night's NBA Draft, going #59 overall to the San Antonio Spurs.
CUTigers.comFriday at 7:00 AM
ANOTHER 4-STAR IS ALL IN4-Star 2018 CB Kyler McMichael is the Tigers' 10th commitment of the 2018 class and 8th of 4 or 5 stars!
CUTigers.comFriday at 5:52 AM
6-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 3:07 PM
6-17 RECRUITING RADAR: DABO CAMP IIIn this week's Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front, straight from the second week…