Sharrod Ford was named the 2004-05 Paul Bowie Most Valuable Player, while Vernon Hamilton earned the Tom Lynch Most Improved Player Award. Other award winners included Akin Akingbala, Cliff Hammonds, Sam Perry and Shawan Robinson.
Leading Rebounder Award - Greenville Clemson Club:
* Tallied 261 total rebounds, with an 8.2 rebounds per game average.
* 110 offensive rebounds on the season, the 10th best single season
figure in Clemson history.
* Finished the season ranked third in the ACC in rebounding.
* Recorded at least 10 rebounds in 10 games.
Highest Field Goal Percentage Award - Greater Columbia Clemson Club: Akin Akingbala
* Completing the season with a 59% field goal percentage.
* Shot at least 75% from the field in eight games during the 2004-05
* 5-6 from the field against East Carolina and Wake Forest in two of
his best games of the season.
Highest Free Throw Percentage Award - Lancaster County Clemson Club: Shawan Robinson
* Hit 41 of 49 foul shots for 84% on the season.
* Best game from the line was against Florida State in Littlejohn
Coliseum, as he converted on all six free throw attempts in Clemson's
* Perfect from the line in nine games in which he had at least two
Most Assists Award - Union County Clemson Club: Shawan Robinson
* Handed out a team-high 94 assists
* His most famous assist of the 2005 season was the half-court pass
to Sharrod Ford for his game-winning, buzzer-beating dunk against
* Ranks 13th on Clemson's all-time list in assists per game with a 2.94
* Ranked second in assists as a freshman and sophomore.
Academic Excellence Award - Fort Hill County Clemson Club: Shawan Robinson
* Named to the 2005 ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District III Men's
Basketball Team, only the second Tiger to earn that Academic
* A two-time ACC Academic Honor Roll selection and Academic All-ACC
* Member of the Clemson Honor Roll.
* The only men's basketball player in the ACC to serve on the ACC
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
Mr. Effort Award - Aiken County Clemson Club: Cliff Hammonds
* Named to the ACC All-Freshman Team for his tenacity on both ends of
* A four-time ACC Rookie of the Week honoree, setting a school record
for ACC freshman honors won.
Defensive Player Award - Spartanburg County Clemson Club: Sam Perry
* One-half of the energy brothers, one of his most notable
performances was against Maryland in College Park when he scored the
Tigers' first four points then forced a Terrapin turnover to lead to
another Clemson basket, keying the Tigers' regular season sweep of
the defending ACC Champions.
* Also had his first collegiate start against the Terrapins in
Clemson, once again providing Clemson with defensive play that led to
Tiger scoring opportunities.
* In one of the most interesting plays of the year, Perry blocked a
shot that hit the court and then went through the hoop against
Tiger Strength Award - Lexington Clemson Club: Cliff Hammonds
* Demonstrated great strength in the weight room, in conditioning and
on the court as evidenced by his team-leading 30.3 minutes per game
* Excellent technique and takes pride in working out.
* Always looking for a challenge that will enhance his already strong
Paul Bowie Most Valuable Player Award:
* Led the Tigers in scoring, rebounding and blocks.
* Provided senior leadership on the court and in the weight room.
* His re-commitment to his fitness level in the off-season led to
improvements in every aspect of his game.
* He led Clemson in scoring in 19 of the Tigers 32 games, and was the
rebounding leader in 25 games.
* During his final year as a Tiger, he tallied nine 20-point plus games.
* He was honored as one of the top players in the ACC as a member of
the All-ACC third team and the NABC All-District team.
Tom Lynch Most Improved Player Award:
* Led the 2005 team in steals, and ranked fourth in the league in
* Showed improvement in every aspect of his game, from running the
offense to his shot selection.
* A major reason the Tigers ranked eighth in the nation in steals, he
was also Clemson's second-leading scorer at the ACC Tournament.
Air Force ROTC Award: (Presented to the player who best exhibits the core values of the Air
Force, as demonstrated by his integrity, service before self and
excellence in all he does.) Cliff Hammonds
Jim Phillips Coaches Award - Charlotte Clemson Club
(Presented in honor of the legendary Voice of the Tigers to an
administrator who gives outstanding, dedicated support to the Clemson
Dr. R.C. Edwards Fan Award - Greater Greenwood Clemson Club:
(Presented in honor of former Clemson President Dr. R.C. Edwards to a
fan who provides undying loyalty and support to the Clemson
basketball program.) George Bennett
Bob Bradley Award: (Presented in honor of former Clemson Sports Information Director Bob
Bradley, who served Clemson for 45 years, to an individual who works
in the Sports Information area for their loyal and dedicated support
of Clemson basketball.) Anne Miller
Andy Balliet "Spirit of Clemson" Award:
(Presented in honor of former Clemson student and administrator Andy
Balliet who passed away three years ago after a bout with cancer. It
is given to an individual who represents the spirit of Clemson
basketball through hard work and support of the program.) Matt Money
Basketball Team Holds Awards Banquet
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutYesterday at 10:00 AM