* Brad Chalk's sacrifice bunt in the first inning was his 14th of the season, tying the single-season record held by Casey Stone in 2000.
* Andy D'Alessio's single in the second inning and homerun in the fourth were his fifth and sixth hits of the weekend. The homerun was his 15th of the season, second-most on the team. He is now hitting 7-for-9 (.778) with a homerun, four doubles, four RBI and four runs scored. With four walks and one hit by pitch, D'Alessio has reached base in 12 of his 14 plate appearances (.857 OBP).
* Robert Rohrbaugh's fielding error in the second inning was his first error in 54 career chances.
* Kris Harvey's homerun in the fourth inning was his 23rd of the season, and extended his current hitting streak to 11 games. The homerun was the first for Clemson in three NCAA Regional games. During the season, Clemson led the ACC with 72 HRs in 60 games (1.2 HR/game).
* Harvey hit his second homerun of the game, 24th of the season, in the sixth inning. This was his fourth multi-homerun game of the season, all of which have occurred at home (North Carolina, Virginia, Miami). Khalil Greene and Jeff Baker both had two-homerun games in NCAA Regional action against Georgia Southern on May 31, 2002 in a 15-1 Clemson victory. Harvey's 24 homeruns tie him with Eric Macrina (1991) and Matthew LeCroy (1997) for fourth on the Clemson single season list. Harvey was seventh with 22 HRs entering tonight's game. Harvey is now tied for second in the nation in homeruns (with Florida's Matt LaPorta), trailing only Adam Tucker (25) of Birmingham-Southern.
* After going 0-for-4 on the night, Herman Demmink's hitting streak ends at 13 consecutive games. Demmink is currently 68-182 (.374) in his last 43 games, hitting safely in 37 of the 43.
* Entering the weekend, Clemson averaged 3.1 walks per game. In the three regional games, the Tigers have drawn 22 walks (7.3 per game).
In the ninth inning, Daniel Pritchard notched an RBI single in his first-ever NCAA Regional at-bat.
* Rohrbaugh finished the night with nine strikeouts in seven innings, one short of his career high (10 vs. North Carolina State at ACC Tournament).
* For the three regional games, Clemson's starting pitchers (Faris, Cribb, and Rohrbaugh) threw 22.2 innings, allowing 17 hits, three runs (all earned), two walks, 25 strikeouts (12.5-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio), and a 1.19 ERA.
* With the win, Clemson's season record improves to 42-21 overall. Clemson is now 30-7 in NCAA Regional games played at home, including wins in 16 of its last 17 games.
* Clemson advances to the Super Regional round for the fifth time in the round's seven year existence
Clemson Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:18 AM
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:10 AM