* Clemson had 234 yards rushing and 216 yards passing today. Clemson has never lost a game in which it has had at least 200 yards of each. The Tigers are 2-0 this year 44-0-1 in its history when gaining at least 200 yards of each.
* Reggie Merriweather had his third consecutive 100-yard rushing game
today with 18-104 and three touchdowns. He is the first Tiger since
1996 to have at least three consecutive 100-yard rushing days.
Raymond Priester had at least 100 yards in each of his last four
games in 1996 and he is the last to do it.
* Chansi Stuckey scored his first career touchdowns on pass receptions
today. He scored on an 11-yard touchdown reception from Will
Proctor with seven seconds left in the first half, then scored n a
40-yard touchdown reception from Proctor on Clemson's first
possession of the third period. That means Stuckey went his entire
career without a touchdown catch, then had touchdown catches on
consecutive Clemson possessions and consecutive Clemson pass plays.
* Stuckey became the third player in Clemson history to account for a
touchdown four different ways. He was a quarterback as a freshman
and threw two touchdown passes at Wake Forest. He scored on a
touchdown run at South Carolina later that year. Earlier this year
he scored on a punt return against Texas A&M. Stuckey joins Ray
Mathews 1947-50 and Bobby Gage, 1945-48, as the only players in
Clemson history to account for touchdowns four different ways.
* Tramaine Billie blocked a field goal in today's game. It was the
first blocked field goal by a Tiger player since the 2003 South
Carolina game when Travis Pugh blocked Gamecock field goal attempt.
Clemson also had a blocked field goal on offense. It was the first
time Clemson had a field goal blocked since 2000 and just the second
time under Tommy Bowden.
* Tommy Bowden gained his 49th win at Clemson today. He will go for
number-50 next week when he faces his father in Death Valley.
* Will Proctor made his first career start today, ending Charlie
Whitehurst's record streak of consecutive starts for the Tigers at 37
in a row. Ironically, Whitehurst's streak started against Duke in
2002 and today ended when he did not play against Duke.
* Proctor established career highs in completions, attempts, yards and
* Senior Lionel Richardson was credited with a season high seven
tackles on defense.
* Clemson scored 49 points today, its high total in a game since the
Tigers scored 63 at South Carolina in 2003.
*Clemson scored 21 points in the second half, Clemson's highest
scoring second half this year.
* Today marked the second time this year Clemson had a multiple
touchdown rusher and a multiple touchdown receiver in the same game.
Merriweather had three touchdowns rushing and Stuckey had two
touchdowns receiving today. Curtis Baham had two touchdowns
receiving at Maryland and Merriweather had two rushing at Maryland.
Duke - Clemson Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBYesterday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
CUTigers.comMonday at 2:56 PM