* Clemson is off to a 5-0 start for the first time since the 2002-03 season and just the second time since 1995-96. Clemson has a +24.2 scoring margin so far this year, the sixth best in Clemson history through the first five games of the season.
* Clemson averages 14.4 steals per game through five games and five different players have at least as many steals as fouls so far this year. Clemson has a +35 turnover margin through five games.
* Clemson is coming off a 96-88 victory at Penn State in the ACC vs. Big Ten Challenge. Clemson improved to 5-2 all-time in the event. Clemson, Duke and Illinois were the only three of the 22 teams in the event to register a road win.
* Clemson has been very balanced so far this year. Seven players have scored between 45 and 62 points/ Five different players have been involved in the scoring leadership and three have led the Tigers in rebounding over the first five games.
* Shawan Robinson has 151 career three point goals and needs just five to move past Tony Stockman into fourth place in Clemson history. Robinson, who has made 19 consecutive free throws over two years, is shooting .796 from the line for his career, 10th best in Clemson history.
* Clemson defeated South Carolina in Columbia last year on a three-point goal by Cheyenne Moore with 3.4 seconds left in overtime. It broke a four-game winning streak in the series for South Carolina.
* Clemson has struggled against Dave Odom coached teams over the years, especially offensively. Even with the victory last year, Clemson has not scored over 63 points against a Dave Odom coached team in the last 10 contests. Clemson averages 85 points per game this year entering Saturday's game. Odom has more wins over Clemson (22) than any other team he has faced in his career.
* Clemson Coach Oliver Purnell is 2-1 against South Carolina in his career. He is 1-1 as Clemson's head coach and was 1-0 against the Gamecocks as the head coach at Old Dominion.
Clemson completed the month of November with a 5-0 record, the first time Clemson has had a perfect record entering December (given a minimum of five November games).
* Clemson connected on a season best 10 three-point goals in the victory over Penn State. It gave Clemson victories in its first two road games of the year, the first time Clemson has done that since 1996-97.
* Clemson freshman Julius Powell scored 16 points at Penn State in 19 minutes. He had scored just 12 points in the first four games combined.
Clemson - South Carolina Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WHAT WE ARE HEARING: ACC Championship#3 Clemson looks to secure its second consecutive College Football Playoff berth by winning a record 16th ACC Title and its first back-to-back titles in 28 years!
TIGERS WIN THRILLERClemson improved to 4-2 with a 60-58 win over Nebraska and helped the ACC win the 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:13 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 7:25 PM
TIGERS ADVANCE TO ELITE EIGHT!Austen Burnikel scored the first two goals for the Tigers, and Alex Happi added an insurance goal, his 4th in as many games.
CUTigers.comSunday at 7:34 PM
TIGERS #3 IN BOTH POLLSAfter a record blowout 56-7 win over arch-rival South Carolina, Clemson moved up to #3 in both of Sunday's polls and could potentially be #2 in Tuesday's College Football Playoff…
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:32 AM