* Clemson is off to a 7-0 start for the first time since the 2002-03 season and just the second time since 1995-96. If Clemson defeats ETSU it would make the Tigers 8-0 for just the 11th time in school history. Clemson and Duke are the only remaining ACC teams undefeated. Clemson was one of 24 undefeated teams in Division I entering Thursday's play.
* Clemson has forced 49 more turnovers than it has committed so far this year. That computes to a +7.0 turnovers per game, first in the ACC.
Clemson has a 5-0 lead in the series with East Tennessee State. The last meeting was the closest as it went to overtime. Clemson won the contest 100- 86 in 2003-04, Oliver Purnell's first year.
* Clemson will take on a team coached by Murry Bartow. He is the second Bartow to face the Tigers. His father, Gene, defeated Clemson for UAB in the 1993 NIT in Birmingham by a 65-64 score.
* Shawan Robinson needs just one three-point goal to move into fourth place in Clemson history. He has 155 entering this game, the same total Tony Stockman had for the Tigers from 2000-02.
* Robinson has moved into 10th place in Clemson history in free throw shooting with his 16-17 effort so far this year. He is shooting 79.7 percent for his career. He also leads the ACC in assist/turnover ratio.
* Clemson ranked 16th in the Sagarin computer ranking through games of December 6.
* Vernon Hamilton had a career high tying six steals in the win over Wofford. He has 22 for the season and he leads the ACC in that category. Hamilton has scored in double figures in three consecutive games, the first time in his career he has done that.
* Clemson leads the ACC as a team, in steals per game and in turnover margin. Clemson was last in turnover margin in 2003-04, Oliver Purnell's first year.
* James Mays is third in the ACC in offensive rebounds, sixth in rebounding and sixth in blocked shots. He has had consecutive double figure scoring games for the first time in his career.
* ETSU is in its first year in the Atlantic Sun. The previous five meetings in the series the Bucs were representing the Southern Conference.
Akin Akingbala played a career high 34 minutes in Clemson's win over Wofford. The senior from Nigeria scored 14 points, three blocks and added eight rebounds to go with 6-9 field goal shooting.
* Shawan Robinson has made at least on three-point goal in every game this year and has an active streak of 10 consecutive games over two years.
Hamilton has made 50 percent of his FG attempts this year, up from 40.5 percent for his career.
Tigers Face ETSU Tonight
CUTigers.com Top Stories
GRADES AND ANALYSIS: NC State#3 Clemson committed 4 turnovers, including 3 in the red zone and a pick-six, in its 24-17 overtime win over NC State in Death Valley.
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:52 PM
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comThursday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comThursday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutThursday at 10:00 AM