6-1, 175, 4.4
Asheville High School
Asheville, North Carolina
* Asheville High's Crezdon Butler made it down to upstate South Carolina Sunday morning, less than 24 hours after leading the Cougars to their first state championship in 83 years in Durham, N.C. "It was 1922 the last time we've won a state title," Butler said with a smile. "It was a pretty good game, we started out kind of slow but we got together at halftime and really came together as a team to put it together for a comeback win in the fourth quarter."
* Butler is teammates with RB Johnny White, a current verbal commitment to North Carolina. He said Sunday that the two originally talked about playing together in college, but as the recruiting process moved along, that was obviously not going to happen. "As time went on, we knew we weren't going to end up on the same team (in college)," he said. "I understand we are playing them next year. I'm looking forward to it because we pretty much both know each other's game."
* Butler remains firm with his verbal commitment Clemson, but he did say another school was trying harder than ever to change his mind. "Virginia Tech has been calling me more lately," he said. "But right now I'm still a strong commitment to Clemson. I was looking at their (Clemson's) depth chart at corner and I think I've got a good chance to come in and start early. That was big for me."
* Coach Marion Hobby is recruiting Butler for Clemson. "He came by my house last week and he called me to congratulate me yesterday," he added. "We get a long real well."
* Butler is expecting to play in the secondary next season at Clemson, most likely as a cornerback. "They are looking at me as a cornerback, or possibly a safety. But right now I'm coming in as a corner," he said. "I also did some returns this year and I think they will try me out there at Clemson," he said.
* Finally, Butler will play as a wide receiver this week for the North Carolina squad.