* Clemson is off to an 8-0 start for the first time since the 2002-03 season and just the second time since 1995-96. If Clemson defeats UPR-Mayaguez it would make the Tigers 9-0 for just the 9th time in school history. Clemson and Duke are the only remaining ACC teams undefeated. Clemson was one of 17 undefeated teams in Division I entering play of December 17.
* This will be Clemson's fourth trip to the San Juan Shootout. Clemson is 5-4 in those three previous trips combined, but the Tigers have been to the finals twice, in 1989 and 1996. Both times Clemson lost in the finals, the Tigers were defeated by a team that advanced to at least the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament (Alabama in 1989 and Minnesota in 1996).
* Clemson has played just four of the other seven teams in the San Juan Shootout field. Clemson is a combined 5-2 against the field with both losses coming to UT Chattanooga. Clemson last played any of the teams in the field in 2002-03 when the Tigers defeated Liberty.
* Clemson has won 22 regular season tournaments in its history, 11 at Clemson (IPTAY Tournament) and 10 outside of Clemson. Clemson has won an eight-team three-game tournament just once before. That took place in 1980 when the Tigers defeated Louisiana Tech, Indiana and Hawaii on consecutive days to win the Rainbow Classic. That is the only time since 1939 that Clemson has won a basketball game on three consecutive days. Clemson will have a chance to duplicate that feat in this event.
* Clemson ranks in the top 20 in the nation in steals and blocked shots through games of December 12. Clemson averages 13 steals per game to rank fourth in the nation, and ranks 18th in blocked shots with six per game. Clemson and Alabama A&M were the only two teams in the nation to rank in the top 20 in both defensive categories. Vernon Hamilton leads the ACC in steals and ranks 16th nationally.
* Shawan Robinson, Clemson's top scorer, has made 22-23 free throws to start the season. He was seventh in the nation with a .957 figure through games of December 12. He has moved to ninth place in Clemson history in career free throw percentage.
* Clemson ranked 17th in the Sagarin computer ranking through games of December 16.
* Vernon Hamilton has scored in double figures a career best four consecutive games. The junior guard from Richmond, VA has averaged 14.7 points per game and made 21-40 shots from the field during the four game streak. He has made at least 50 percent of his field goal attempts a career best four consecutive games
Tigers Head to Puerto Rico
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Clemson Basketball Media DayWatch Head Coach Brad Brownell and his assistant coaches discuss the upcoming basketball season at Clemson Media Day!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 1:30 PM
PHOTO GALLERY: #3 Clemson vs NC StateEnjoy these images from Clemson's thrilling overtime victory versus NC State in Death Valley, courtesy of CUTigers Photographer John Bolton!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:12 AM
College coaches who could get hired awayWhy these highly sought college football coaches would leave (and why they could stay)
ScoutYesterday at 10:00 AM
TOP PLAYS: NC State vs. ClemsonHere's a look back at some of NC State's top plays against Clemson, and the highlights are courtesy of ABC. The first video is a collection of all the highlights and below it are…
Pack PrideWednesday at 8:28 AM