* This will be Clemson's first ACC game of the year. The Tigers have lost each of their last seven ACC openers. All seven have come against Top 25 teams, including four straight to top six ranked Duke teams. This will be the first time Clemson has not opened the season against a ranked team in 15 years.
* Clemson and Florida State are the top two teams in the ACC in forcing turnovers. Florida State is first at 22.4 and Clemson is second at 19.8. The Seminoles lead the ACC in turnover margin, a stat they ranked 11th in last season.
Clemson leads the ACC in steals and ranks second in blocked shots. Through stats of December 19 Clemson and Alabama A&M were the only two teams in the nation to rank in the top 20 in both blocked shots and steas.
* Point guard Vernon Hamilton is Clemson's scoring leader with a 12.0 average. Hamilton is shooting 50 percent from the field and 38 percent on threepoint shots. He entered the season with a 40.4 percent field goal percentage, including 29 percent on three-point shots.
* Hamilton is trying to become the first Tiger guard to shoot 50 percent or better over the course of a season since Michael Tait shot .517 in 1986-87.
* Clemson will be without the services of 6-9 power forward James Mays for the rest of the season. The sophomore was declared academically ineligible for the second semester prior to the Georgia game on December 28. He was Clemson's top rebounder with a 7.6 average through the first 11 games of the season, all Clemson victories.
* In two wins over Florida State last year Clemson outscored Florida State on second chance points 38-10.
* Shawan Robinson has played some of his best basketball as a Tiger against Florida State. The Tiger senior averages 10.4 points per game against the Seminoles and has made 16-36 three-point goals, a .444 figure.
* Clemson has a +5.4 rebound margin and has been out-rebounded in just three of the first 13 games.
* Freshman K.C. Rivers has 25 steals, 21 fouls and 24 turnovers. He is the only Tiger with more steals than fouls and turnovers.
* Shawan Robinson has 23 three-point goals and 163 for his career. He needs just five to go past Chris Whitney (167) into third place on the Clemson career list.
Tigers - Noles Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
CUTigers.comFriday at 11:58 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…
NATIONAL SIGNING DAY HQKeep it right here for all of the latest developments on National Signing Day in Clemson!