* Clemson opened its ACC slate with a 61-55 win over Florida State last Wednesday. It marked the first time since the 1997-98 season that Clemson won its first ACC game of the year.
* Clemson will attempt to win its first ACC road game of the year when the Tigers take on Virginia in Charlottesville on Saturday. Clemson has not won its first ACC road game of the year since 1996-97 when the Tigers won at Virginia. Clemson is just 8- 44 lifetime in its first ACC road game of the year.
* Clemson will attempt to start 2-0 in the ACC for the first time since the 1996-97 season when the Tigers started a record 5-0 to open the ACC schedule. Clemson has been 2-0 or better in the ACC just five times in history, all between 1979-80 and 1996-97.
* Clemson is off to a 12-2 start, its best start since the the 1996-97 season when Clemson started 13-1 through its first 14 games. That Clemson team actually started 16-1. This is just the seventh start of 12-2 or better in Clemson history.
* Clemson leads the ACC in steals and ranks second in blocked shots. Though stats of January 3 Clemson and Alabama A&M were the only two teams in the nation to rank in the top 20 in both blocked shots and steals.
* Clemson defeated Florida State 61-55 in its most recent game even though the Tigers made just one field goal over the last 13:38 of the contest. That was a three-point shot with 8:10 to go by Cliff Hammonds. Clemson used a strong rebounding game to gain the victory over Florida State. The Tigers won the carom collection stat 42-28, including a 16-7 advantage in offensive rebounds.
* Point guard Vernon Hamilton, a native of Richmond, VA, is Clemson's scoring leader with a 11,9 average. Hamilton is shooting 49 percent from the field He entered the season with a 40.4 percent field goal percentage.
* Hamilton is trying to become the first Tiger guard to shoot 50 percent or better over the course of a season since Michael Tait shot .517 in 1986-87.
* Clemson will be without the services of 6-9 power forward James Mays for the rest of the season. The sophomore was declared academically ineligible for the second semester prior to the Georgia game on December 28. He was Clemson's top rebounder with a 7.6 average through the first 11 games of the season, all Clemson victories.
* Shawan Robinson has 25 three-point goals and 165 for his career. He needs just three to go past Chris Whitney (167) into third place on the Clemson career list. Robinson made his first start of the season in the win over Florida State and led Clemson in scoring with 12 points.
Clemson - UVA Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM
MONDAY WEST ZONE INTERVIEWSWatch Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman and Tony Elliott discuss the upcoming showdown with Florida State!
CUTigers.comMonday at 2:56 PM
TIGERS REMAIN #3 IN BOTH POLLSWith Ohio State losing and Michigan jumping to #2, idle Clemson sits at #3 in both of Sunday's polls.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:59 AM