* Go Figure--- Clemson shot 54.1 percent from the field, the best percentage against Duke since the 2003 ACC Tournament (90 games ago) when Virginia made 57 percent of its shots. The very next game at Miami (FL) Clemson made just 25.4 percent of its shots from the field, the worst field goal percentage by a Tiger team under Oliver Purnell.
* While Clemson shot just 25.4 percent from the field at Miami, the Tigers did have three different players shoot at least 60 percent in the game. Sam Perry, Akin Akingbala and K.C. Rivers were a combined 8-13 in the game.
Shawan Robinson needs 25 points to reach 1000 for his career. He has 170 career three point goals to rank third in Clemson history and his .813 career free throw percentage is ninth best. Robinson had 21 points at Tech in 2003-04, the high scoring game of his career in an ACC road game.
* Clemson ranks 3rd in the nation in steals per game and 17th in blocked shots per game. Clemson, Syracuse and Colorado are the only three teams to rank in the top 20 in both categories this week. Last year Clemson was the only school in the nation in the top 20 in both areas.
* Georgia Tech swept Clemson in a pair of games last year, winning both contests by eight points. Tech has won five straight against Clemson overall and each of the last three played in Alexander Memorial Coliseum.
* Clemson had not lost a game by more than 10 points this year and over a 25-game span prior to the 24- point loss at Miami (FL) on January 18. That 25 game streak without a loss by at least 11 points was the fourth longest streak of its kind in Clemson history. The record is 30 straight games without a loss by more than 10 points between January 31, 1980 and January 17, 1981. Prior to the Duke game on January 14, Clemson was the only school in the nation that had not lost a football or men's basketball game by seven points or more this year.
* Georgia Tech guard Zam Fredrick is the son of former South Carolina guard Zam Fredrick, who led the nation in scoring in 1980-81. The elder Fredrick once scored 35 points against Clemson in Littlejohn Coliseum, including an 11-11 performance at the foul line (Feb. 8, 1981).
* Clemson leads the ACC in offensive rebounds per game at 15.4. The leader in that area is Akin Akingbala, who ranks eighth in the ACC (3.4).
Vernon Hamilton is Clemson's leading scorer with a 13.1 average. He had scored in double figures in nine of his last 11 games prior to a five-point outing at Miami (FL). He had a career high 31 points against #1 ranked Duke last Saturday.
Clemson - Georgia Tech Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
TIGERS WIN 7-2, SWEEP C OF C!Reed Rohlman is 10 of his last 13 and upped his average to .413, going 3-3 with a HR, two doubles and a HBP, as #3 Clemson cruised past Monte Lee's alma mater, College of…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:40 PM
TIGERS WIN 11-0 TO TAKE SERIES!Alex Eubanks struck out 12 and walked none in a 116-pitch, complete-game 11-0 shutout of #17 Wake Forest in the first half of a doubleheader, putting #3 Clemson in position for…
CUTigers.comSaturday at 2:30 PM
SWEPT UGAIN!Tyler Jackson allowed just one earned run, and Chris Williams broke the game open with a 3-run homer to lead #3 Clemson to a 9-7 win over UGA for the season sweep!
ANOTHER 11TH INNING WALK-OFF WIN FOR TIGERS!#4 Clemson beat Charleston Southern 6-5 for its second 11-inning win of the season in walk-off fashion, thanks to the bull pen, Logan Davidson, Reed Rohlman and Rudy Cox, who…