* Go Figure--- Clemson shot 54.1 percent from the field, the best percentage against Duke since the 2003 ACC Tournament (90 games ago) when Virginia made 57 percent of its shots. The very next game at Miami (FL) Clemson made just 25.4 percent of its shots from the field, the worst field goal percentage by a Tiger team under Oliver Purnell.
* While Clemson shot just 25.4 percent from the field at Miami, the Tigers did have three different players shoot at least 60 percent in the game. Sam Perry, Akin Akingbala and K.C. Rivers were a combined 8-13 in the game.
Shawan Robinson needs 25 points to reach 1000 for his career. He has 170 career three point goals to rank third in Clemson history and his .813 career free throw percentage is ninth best. Robinson had 21 points at Tech in 2003-04, the high scoring game of his career in an ACC road game.
* Clemson ranks 3rd in the nation in steals per game and 17th in blocked shots per game. Clemson, Syracuse and Colorado are the only three teams to rank in the top 20 in both categories this week. Last year Clemson was the only school in the nation in the top 20 in both areas.
* Georgia Tech swept Clemson in a pair of games last year, winning both contests by eight points. Tech has won five straight against Clemson overall and each of the last three played in Alexander Memorial Coliseum.
* Clemson had not lost a game by more than 10 points this year and over a 25-game span prior to the 24- point loss at Miami (FL) on January 18. That 25 game streak without a loss by at least 11 points was the fourth longest streak of its kind in Clemson history. The record is 30 straight games without a loss by more than 10 points between January 31, 1980 and January 17, 1981. Prior to the Duke game on January 14, Clemson was the only school in the nation that had not lost a football or men's basketball game by seven points or more this year.
* Georgia Tech guard Zam Fredrick is the son of former South Carolina guard Zam Fredrick, who led the nation in scoring in 1980-81. The elder Fredrick once scored 35 points against Clemson in Littlejohn Coliseum, including an 11-11 performance at the foul line (Feb. 8, 1981).
* Clemson leads the ACC in offensive rebounds per game at 15.4. The leader in that area is Akin Akingbala, who ranks eighth in the ACC (3.4).
Vernon Hamilton is Clemson's leading scorer with a 13.1 average. He had scored in double figures in nine of his last 11 games prior to a five-point outing at Miami (FL). He had a career high 31 points against #1 ranked Duke last Saturday.
Clemson - Georgia Tech Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
Blossomgame Drafted by SpursFormer Clemson All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame was the penultimate pick in Thursday night's NBA Draft, going #59 overall to the San Antonio Spurs.
CUTigers.comYesterday at 7:00 AM
ANOTHER 4-STAR IS ALL IN4-Star 2018 CB Kyler McMichael is the Tigers' 10th commitment of the 2018 class and 8th of 4 or 5 stars!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 5:52 AM
6-21 RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comWednesday at 3:07 PM
6-17 RECRUITING RADAR: DABO CAMP IIIn this week's Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front, straight from the second week…