* This will be the only meeting between Clemson and NC State this year. This is the second consecutive year NC State has come to Clemson for the only meeting of the year between the two teams.
* Clemson is coming off a 73-63 win over Georgia Tech in Atlanta. It was the third ACC win for Oliver Purnell and the Tigers in the last 11 league road games and all came after losses of 24 points or more in the previous game.
* Clemson's win over Georgia Tech was its third in January. This is the first time since January of 1997 that Clemson has won more than two games in the first month of the calendar year. Clemson had a 6- 2 record in January of 1997.
* Shawan Robinson needs 10 points to reach 1000 for his career. It would be significant if he broke the barier against NC State because he is from Raleigh, the home of the NC State campus. Robinson is 16-29 from the field, including 6-14 from the threepoint line in his career against NC State. Robinson had 15 points in Clemson's win over Georgia Tech.
* Clemson had a +15 turnover margin in its win over Georgia Tech, the best turnover margin for the Tigers in an ACC game since Feb. 22, 1969 when Clemson had a +17 turnover margin in a loss to Maryland. Clemson won the game despite a -22 rebound margin, the lowest rebound margin in a Clemson victory in history.
* Clemson overcame a five-point halftime deficit to gain victory at Georgia Tech, just the third time in the last 16 years that Clemson overcame a halftime deficit to win an ACC road game.
* Three-point shooting has been the key stat for NC State in games at Clemson under head coach Herb Sendek. Sendek is 4-5 in Littlejohn Coliseum. State has made 49-94 from three-point land (.521) in its four wins at Clemson under Sendek and 28-122 (.222) in its five losses.
* If Clemson gains victory over NC State it would give Clemson four wins in the first half of the ACC schedule for the first time since 1996-97 when Clemson was 6-2 in the first eight ACC games of the year.
* Akin Akingbala and Julius Powell are both coming off career high tying performances. Akingbala tied his overall career high and established his high scoring figure in an ACC game when he had 19 in the win at Georgia Tech. Powell had 16 points off the bench at Tech to tie his high of 16 against Penn State. Powell made his last six shots from the field in that game, including four from 3-point land.
* Clemson is just two wins short of equalling its victory total (16) during the entire 2004-05 season. This This is the first time since 1996-97 that Clemson has won at least 14 of its first 19 games.
Clemson - N.C. State Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comThursday at 2:18 AM
Pagano to TransferAfter helping Clemson win a National Championship and earning his degree, Scott Pagano has decided it is time for him to move on.
TIGERS TAKE A W FROM WAKEAfter back-to-back heartbreaking losses to Syracuse and Duke, the Tigers built a 21-point lead on Wake Forest and won by 12 to complete the season sweep of the Deacs and keep their…
DEJA BLUEFor the second straight game, Clemson had the lead or a chance to win on the final possession of the game and came up just short. This time, it was against #18 Duke in the most…