* Clemson guard Shawan Robinson reached the 1000-point mark for his career. He needed 10 points today and reached that mark with a driving layup with 1:29 left in the first half. He added 12 points in the second half and now has 1012 for his career. Robinson is the 13th guard in Clemson history to reach the 1000-point mark.
* Robinson led Clemson in scoring, rebounding and assists today, a
'Triple leadership". It marked the first time in his career that he
achieved a triple leadership and was the first Tiger to do it since
Olu Babalola at Virginia on January 22, 2005. A "Triple
Leadership" has been more frequent in recent years. Robinson's
Triple Leadership was the eighth in the last four years. Between
1971 and 2002, it was accomplished just 10 times.
* Robinson was a career best 10-10 from the foul line today. It
tied for the most free throws made by a Clemson player under Oliver
Purnell. Olu Babalola made 10 against Wake Forest on Feb. 12, 2004.
Robinson's previous career high in free throws made was eight at
Georgia Tech on Jan. 21, 2006, the last game. So, Robinson is now
18-20 over his last two games.
* Robinson's 10-10 performance on the line today moved him to .821 for
his career from the line, seventh best in school history. He moved
ahead of Choppy Patterson (.812) and Merl Code (.819) with his
performance today. He is now 51-55 for the year, a .927 figure.
* Robinson's 10-10 performance was the highest perfect free throw
shooting game by a Tiger since Mohammed Woni was 10-10 against
Minnesota in the NCAA Tournament in 1997.
* This was Clemson's first double overtime game since the 2001-02
season when Clemson beat Wake Forest in double overtime by a 118-115
score. It was Clemson's first loss in a double overtime game since
the 1997 NCAA Tournament when Clemson ended its run in the Sweet 16
with a 90-84 double overtime loss to Minnesota. It was just the
16th double overtime game in Clemson history. The Tigers are now 9-7
in double overtime games all time. Clemson is 0-2 in triple overtime
* Had Clemson defeated NC State today it would have given Clemson
victories after trailing at the half in consecutive ACC games.
Clemson has overcome a halftime deficit to gain victory in
consecutive ACC games just twice in the last 30 years.
* Including a victory over Wake Forest this year, Clemson is now 3-2
under Oliver Purnell in overtime games. Clemson is now 52-46
overall in overtime games in history, including 16-15 in Littlejohn
* NC State made 15-29 three-point shots today in its victory. That
tied for the most made three-point goals against Clemson by an
opponent under Purnell. Ohio State made 15 last year in a Clemson
victory. The 15 made threes rank in a tie for fourth most made
against Clemson in history, the most since that Ohio State game.
* Herb Sendek is now 5-5 against Clemson in Littlejohn Coliseum. In
his five wins, including today, his teams are 64-123 from three-point
range, a .520 figure. In the five losses, his NC State team is
28-126, a .222 figure.
* Clemson had more steals than turnovers and still lost the game this
afternoon. It is the first time that has happened in a Clemson loss
since the 2002-03 season when Clemson had 12 steals and just six
turnovers in an 80-68 loss at Wake Forest.
Clemson - N.C. State Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM
ACC CHAMPIONSHIP POST-GAME INTERVIEWSWatch Dabo Swinney, Deshaun Watson and more Clemson coaches and players discuss their second consecutive ACC Championship on Saturday night!
CUTigers.comSunday at 11:18 AM
PLAYOFF REPEAT FOR TIGERS#2 Clemson will join Alabama as the only two programs to make repeat trips to the College Football Playoff.
CUTigers.comSunday at 10:10 AM