* This Saturday's game will be a homecoming for four current Clemson players who are from the Tar Heel state. Shawan Robinson and Troy Mathis are both from Raleigh, K.C. Rivers is from Charlotte and Julius Powell is from Newton.
* Robinson has scored in double figures in three consecutive games, including a 22-point performance against NC State last Sunday. He currently ranks third in the nation in free throw shooting and his .932 season average is on a Clemson record pace. He has made 55-59 this year and has converted 14 in a row over two games. The .932 figure is on pace to be the third best single season FT% in ACC history. He is 6th in Clemson history for a career.
* Clemson has two leaders in ACC stat categories. Robinson leads the conference in free throw shooting and Vernon Hamilton leads the league in steals.
* Clemson held Florida State without a made three-point goal in its most recent game. It marked the first time in 316 games against ACC foes that the Tigers held the opposition without a three-point goal and the first time in any game since March 5, 1990 when South Carolina was 0-4 from long range.
* Clemson has struggled from the foul line as a team this year, but is coming off a 72.2 percent outing (13-18) at Florida State.
* Clemson coach Oliver Purnell and North Carolina coach Roy Williams were assistant coaches together under Larry Brown on the 2004 United States Olympic team. Both coaches are in their 18th season as a head coach. Leonard Hamilton at Florida State and Al Skinner at Boston College are also in their 18th years as head coaches.
* Clemson has forced 19.14 turnovers per game this year, second in the ACC and on pace to be the third best per game figure in Clemson history. Clemson's 11.14 steals per game rank third best in the nation and is on pace to be the best per game figure in Clemson history.
* Clemson has never defeated North Carolina in Chapel Hill. The streak stands at 51 in a row over a time period that dates to the 1925-26 season. A North Carolina victory would tie the NCAA record for consecutive home wins in a series.
* While Clemson has never won in the Smith Center, Oliver Purnell has. He was an assistant coach under Lefty Driesell at Maryland when the Terps won in the facility in 1985-86.
* Clemson has won 14 of its first 21 games, its best 21-game start since going 17-4 in 1996-97. The 3- 5 conference start is its best through eight games since 1997-98.
* Clemson is 14-7, its best 21-game record since the 1996-97 season when Clemson was 17-4.
Clemson - North Carolina Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
WATSON WINS DAVEY O'BRIEN AWARDWatch our interview with Deshaun Watson following the receipt of his second consecutive Davey O'Brien Award at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta!
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:11 AM
CFP HEAD COACHES' JOINT PRESS CONFERENCEWatch Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and Chris Petersen discuss the upcoming College Football Playoff from the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta at…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 11:03 AM
RECRUITING RADAR: ACC CHAMPS!In our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comTuesday at 3:12 PM
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% OFF FIESTA BOWL TICKETS!NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY ONLY: 10% ticket discount for CUTigers.com Premium Members is increased to 15%!
CUTigers.comMonday at 12:33 PM