* This is the third consecutive year Clemson has faced Boston College. Clemson is the only ACC school to face the Eagles each of the last two seasons. Both games were obviously non-conference games as the Eagles did not join the ACC until this season.
* Clemson gave Boston College a tough game at Boston last year in a 79-70 Eagles win that was played the day after Thanksgiving. It was one of 20 consecutive wins for Boston College to open the season.
* Clemson defeated a Boston College team that advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 2003-04, Oliver Purnell's first year at Clemson. The Tigers won that contest 72-62 as then freshman Vernon Hamilton had a near triple double, as he contributed 13 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists.
* Clemson has two leaders in ACC stat categories. Shawan Robinson leads the conference in free throw shooting (.938) and Vernon Hamilton leads the league in steals (2.65). Both are ranked in the top 20 in the nation of those categories. Robinson is third in the nation in free throw shooting and Hamilton is 18th in steals.
* Oliver Purnell's daughter, Lindsay is a junior at Boston College.
* Robinson has made 19 consecutive free throws and his .938 percentage for the season is on pace to be the third best single season percentage in ACC history, the best in Clemson history.
* Clemson had struggled from the foul line as a team for most of the year, but the Tigers have now made 33 of their last 42 (.786) over three games. That includes a 13-15 performance against Virginia Tech, Clemson's best percentage under Oliver Purnell.
* Akin Akingbala never had a double-double in an ACC game prior this last week and now has done it in consecutive games. He had 16 points and 13 rebounds against Virginia Tech.
* Shawan Robinson is averaging 15.0 points and Akin Akingbala 14.6 over the last five games.
* Clemson shot 48 percent from the field, 41 percent on three-point shots and 86.7 from the line, yet lost to Virginia Tech. The Hokies forced 25 turnovers with 21 steals.
* Clemson's coaching staff will wear sneakers for Saturday's game with Boston College in support of the NABC's Coaches vs. Cancer campaign. Many coaches from around the nation will be showing their support by wearing sneakers during games this weekend.
* K.C. Rivers had 11 points against Virginia Tech, his high in an ACC game this year.
* Clemson is 9-1 all-time against Division I teams from the state of Massachusetts.
Clemson - Boston College Game Notes
CUTigers.com Top Stories
ACC Media DayCUTigers was on hand in Charlotte for ACC Media Day on Wednesday. Watch Clemson Head Coach Brad Brownell, All-ACC First-Teamer Jaron Blossomgame and point guard Avry Holmes discuss…
CUTigers.comYesterday at 10:56 AM
Inside the Matchup: Clemson vs Florida StateThe Tigers and Seminoles face off with CFP implications on the line
Scout CFBWednesday at 11:11 AM
TUESDAY DABO PC AND INTERVIEWSCUTigers was at the Clemson West Zone on Tuesday for Dabo Swinney's weekly press conference and interviews with Brent Venables, Christian Wilkins, Jadar Johnson and Kendall Joesph.
CUTigers.comTuesday at 12:00 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:40 AM
RECRUITING RADARIn our weekly Recruiting Radar, CUTigers Recruiting Analyst Gary McDaniel updates you on the latest news and intel on the Clemson recruiting front!
CUTigers.comMonday at 3:20 PM